We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

19 hours layover for Indian citizen at Cairo airport

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KL
reviews: 9
19 hours layover for Indian citizen at Cairo airport

Hi ! We are travelling from Mumbai (India) to Accra (Ghana) by Egypt Air. We are holders of Indian passport and have a 19 hours layover at Cairo airport, between two flights. My question is - a. Can we get a transit visa at Cairo airport ? And in that case can we go out of the airport into Cairo city ? b. Would Egypt air be arranging for a hotel for 19 hours layover ? Thank you in advance.

31. Re: 19 hours layover for Indian citizen at Cairo airport

I found many links on various websites stating that Egypt has approved visa on arrival for 9 countries including India .but I am looking for an official source as some of the websites state that it is approved and some state that it will happen soon.

My friends with their families visited Sharm El Sheik ealier this year (all India passport holders) received visa on arrival. Looks like the embassy staff themselves are not aware of the new changes.

…ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/3/12/43211/Busines…

find.galegroup.com/gic/infomark.do…

patwainternational.com/patwa_news_online/egy…

travelbizmonitor.com/egypt-tourism-to-undert…

telegraphindia.com/1130324/…16717797.jsp

apnnews.com/2013/…

…nydailynews.com/business/4a971c82513707f5ac…

www.animaweb.org/en/actu-detail.php…

http://www.masress.com/en/ahramonline/43211

livemint.com/Politics/bi38OBM6N7ef4oolyzebeO…

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
reviews: 154
32. Re: 19 hours layover for Indian citizen at Cairo airport

When they visited Sharm, did they leave Sharm (and hence need a Visa) or just stay in the resort?

Edited: 5:36 am, May 25, 2013
Cairo, Egypt
33. Re: 19 hours layover for Indian citizen at Cairo airport

you can get a visa in advance it will be 20$

and you can go tour the city but it has to be arranged with a travel agency not going by yourselves, egyptair is arranging but expensive stuff

34. Re: 19 hours layover for Indian citizen at Cairo airport

eLaReF

They stayed in resort and also visited Cairo! They did get visa on arrival.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
reviews: 7
35. Re: 19 hours layover for Indian citizen at Cairo airport

Its still 15 US$

36. Re: 19 hours layover for Indian citizen at Cairo airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:01 pm, May 29, 2013
37. Re: 19 hours layover for Indian citizen at Cairo airport

Live update from Hurghada!))

No issues at all in getting visa on arrival for Indian nationals..Just took me 10 mins to get the visa stamps and leave the Hurghada airport. There was big line for 15$ visa so paid 20$ in the agent visa lineь guy pasted the stamps and asked me my profession. thats it. immigration had no question..collected the baggage and we went to the TUI bus for hotel transfer.

P.S I have a 14 day holiday booked with my family and had return ticket.

Edited: 4:16 pm, June 01, 2013
New Delhi, India
reviews: 2
38. Re: 19 hours layover for Indian citizen at Cairo airport

Hi Khaledm ,

It was good to know about the visa on arrival for indian nationals.

Please do advise me on my trip to egypt. I am a holder of a diplomatic passport of India and is being accompanied by my wife and daughter who hold normal passports of India. We fly from Tel Aviv to Cairo and intend a six day stay in Egypt before going to Delhi.

1. Can we get visa on arrival at the airport without any problems.

2. Also I would ask for your suggestion about crossing into Egypt from the TABA border at Eilat mainly safety aspects.

3. Which are the cheaper airlines from tel aviv to cairo?

4. Can you suggest an itinerary for 5 to 6 days in Egypt of family travel with small kid in June.

Thanking you immensly

Regards

Amit

New Delhi, India
reviews: 2
39. Re: 19 hours layover for Indian citizen at Cairo airport

Hi Gautham,

Was there any pre conditions attached like having a valid US,UK or Shengen? Enjoy your vacation.

Regards

Amit

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
reviews: 7
40. Re: 19 hours layover for Indian citizen at Cairo airport

Holders of diplomatic passports and their families don't pay to get the visa (http://www.cairo-airport.com/pass_visa1.asp). Still, I suggest you make a call to the Egyptian embassy to be on the safe side especially that you arriving from Tel Aviv.

As for the safety at Taba, it is as safe as it can get right now. No idea about the airlines, Sorry. Hopefully someone else knows.

Do you intend to spend the whole time in Cairo? and what kind of attractions are you interested in? you should start by checking this; tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294201-s407/Cairo:…