We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my first time to Cairo....Q:taxi fare!!!

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Taiwan
my first time to Cairo....Q:taxi fare!!!

Hi... it is my first time to Egypt. we will be there on May.. i would appreciate if some one can tell me the taxi fare..

1.airport to CiCC(cairo international convential center)

2.CiCC to Cataract Resort Cairo

3. how much to rent a taxi driver per day.....

awaite some reply... thanksss

1. Re: my first time to Cairo....Q:taxi fare!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:42 am, December 02, 2006
Taiwan
2. Re: my first time to Cairo....Q:taxi fare!!!

thanks lberis

but , can u let me know how's the fare from airport to Cicc roughly,and from Cicc to cataract resort cairo...

thankss..again....

Manchester, United...
3. Re: my first time to Cairo....Q:taxi fare!!!

Airport to CCIC should be 30 LE

I don't know where is the hotel you mentioned, what part of the city, any idea?

Taiwan
4. Re: my first time to Cairo....Q:taxi fare!!!

hi Darsh the hotle where we stay is in Giza Area.Sakkara Road Ei Haraneya

thanks

Manchester, United...
5. Re: my first time to Cairo....Q:taxi fare!!!

From the airport, it would be 50-60 LE

From CICC, I would say 30 LE

You should try the new yellow cabs with meters. For the weather theses days, you would also benegit from the air condition. Call them at 19155 anytime. They will send you a car.

Taiwan
6. Re: my first time to Cairo....Q:taxi fare!!!

Hi Darsh ,thank ur faster reply...

7. Re: my first time to Cairo....Q:taxi fare!!!

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:32 am, May 10, 2006
8. Re: my first time to Cairo....Q:taxi fare!!!

Removed on: 6:39 am, June 11, 2006
Canterbury, New...
reviews: 56
9. Re: my first time to Cairo....Q:taxi fare!!!

Do not trust any taxi driver! The best way is to negotiate - there are so many taxis but first, check out the vehicles. Most are ex-russian Ladas that look as if they will fall apart. Look from the outside and get a roadworthy looking one. Most seatbelts do not work.

Essential: Pen and paper. After agreeing price, write it down, and confirm price with driver - how him the written price. If there's a problem at the end say you will call the Police. However, most drivers are OK.

Beware of getting too friendly and do not ask the driver to wait or collect you later. He will probably charge you for the in between time.

My advice: keep changing drivers.

egypt
10. Re: my first time to Cairo....Q:taxi fare!!!

hiiiii,

i agree with danish in his reply....

and if you want to lent a car in cairo,i advise you to lent a driver also because the traffic is so crowdy and if the car gets any accident you will pay ro repair it ,but if you lent a driver also ,he will be responsible for the car and i know a driver on his private car who is my friend and i asked him about you and he told me that it will cost you 120 egyptian pounds ,if you want to hire him with his car :) just tell me

cheers,

amoon