We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Men's tailor in Cairo: Who is good?

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 146
Men's tailor in Cairo: Who is good?

I am travelling again to Egypt later this year (2012). On my last visit, I had no time to look around and shop. This time I'll have at least 8 days in Cairo (at the start of my holiday) before going elsewhere in the country. I was wondering who are good reliable men's suit tailors in Cairo? Is 8 days enough time to get a suit made? And does anyone have an idea about prices?

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Jordan, Syria
reviews: 22
1. Re: Men's tailor in Cairo: Who is good?

I once hade a tuxido tailor-made by Samir El Sakka in downtown Cairo, 21 Tharwat Street. He is very good. Some of my friends have also used his services and they were all satisfied by the result. He is not the cheapest but he is one of the best. A suit costs approxiamtely USD 400, excluding the material.

There are other tailors on the same street.

CHEERS

Brisbane, Australia
2. Re: Men's tailor in Cairo: Who is good?

I have read that Samir El Sakka is very good (he is mentioned in certain guide books). I have also heard that Orange Square is very good however, I was thinking - is there a tailor that isn't so expensive as these two options but with the same quality...I will however give Samir a try....Thanks

Boston...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Men's tailor in Cairo: Who is good?

You can purchase top notch fabrics of any kind from Ahmed M. Salam, 30, Lebanon St. (off Shehab El Mohandessin, Cairo. # 33452232, They use the tailor Hussein Eid, who is in the same neighborhood. They will even walk you over there. His address is 25 El Hegaz St. Mohandessin. I went to Orange Square with my son, however, as nice as the staff was, I thought they were very overpriced for the quality of the fabrics they showed us. You should be able to get something within the 8 day period, but you must be very clear about that upfront.

Brisbane, Australia
4. Re: Men's tailor in Cairo: Who is good?

Hey Reisa V, thank you for the information. I'll look into them. They sound like the type of place I'm looking for...

campania
reviews: 1
5. Re: Men's tailor in Cairo: Who is good?

Can you please telle me how I can get in touch with this tailor? e-mail address, telephone, mobile number.

THANKS A LOT

campania
6. Re: Men's tailor in Cairo: Who is good?

Can you please telle me how I can get in touch with this tailor? e-mail address, telephone, mobile number.

THANKS A LOT

campania
7. Re: Men's tailor in Cairo: Who is good?

Hello,

can you please give me e-mail address, telephone numer, mobile number of this tailor?

THANKS a LOT,

Fulvia

8. Re: Men's tailor in Cairo: Who is good?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 10, 2013