We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

COEX Mall @ Gangnam

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pleasanton...
reviews: 15
COEX Mall @ Gangnam

Hello Seoul Experts,

This may be a silly question...

Is it possible to spend a day during my upcoming Seoul trip in COEX Mall? Or should I?

Worth it to spend one whole day there? If not, for a day, how much time I should stay there?

My family loves shopping mall for food, shopping and entertainment.

Thanks all.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
reviews: 4
1. Re: COEX Mall @ Gangnam

It is possible to spend whole day in COEX.

Personally, I don't find COEX is that interesting place to shop. It just a normal big mall with plenty shops, eateries, cinema & kimchi museum.

If I have one whole day to spend just to do shopping, I'd just go either Hongdae or Edae area. Both area has plenty shops and cute cafes.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
reviews: 4
2. Re: COEX Mall @ Gangnam

And almost forgot, you may find Trick Eye Museum too, if you are interested.

Daejeon, South Korea
Destination Expert
for Seoul, South Korea
reviews: 23
3. Re: COEX Mall @ Gangnam

I agree with Reclat with one proviso - as Coex is all under one roof, if the weather is particularly hot or rainy, then it might be a good idea to spend the day there!

london
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
reviews: 170
4. Re: COEX Mall @ Gangnam

personally I would be bored after 2 hours in COEX mall.

Agree OK to get out of the rain/heat.. But a day?

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 191
5. Re: COEX Mall @ Gangnam

COEX is an old mall -- compared to Greenbelt (in the Philippines) Plaza Singapura and Ion (in Singapore) or IFC and Elements (in Hong Kong), it looks really tired. Maybe I'm wrong because I went there in the evening, and some of the stores had closed, but it really didn't appeal. I was shopping there for a little over an hour then decided it was not a good use of my time so I went home.

Agree that Hongdae and Edae are pretty awesome -- of course, they're not covered areas so you can get stuck if it rains, but those places (plus Hyehwa/Daehangno) are good shopping spots for clothes, accessories and food. I hope you have good weather so you can enjoy Seoul.

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 3
6. Re: COEX Mall @ Gangnam

HI all,

Just for your info :

Lights Out for Seoul on Saturday for Earth Hour

english.kbs.co.kr/news/news_view.html…

7. Re: COEX Mall @ Gangnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 03, 2015