I'm planning to visit Seoul this July, end of July actually. Plan is to go on 22-30 of July, it will also be our 3rd year anniversary trip with my wife.
What I would like to know is:
* What are the best areas to stay in? We both enjoy street shopping, food stalls, lively markets with little this and that, sure some branded boutiques just to look at would be nice (I know they're quite expensive there, so not planning to shop on much branded items).
* Hotel recommendations? We would prefer a 4-star or 5-star hotel that is great in location, but also doesn't kill with the price. Something not too old either. I had a look at the "Designers Hotel", but I'm not too sure if its good?
* How much do we have to spend/prepare on food and drinks alone, per day, for the two us?
* How much do we have to spend/prepare on transport, such as Subways and Busses per day?
* Are taxi fares expensive there? There would be some point that we might need to have a Taxi to drive us somewhere I'm sure, and I would like to factor in the Taxi budget before going.
* What are the "must-see" places when you visit Seoul for the first time? The icons? The great places? The great atmosphere?
* I am of course, planning to take my wife on an anniversary dinner on the 25th of July. Would you be able to please recommend me a place romantic enough to have it at?
* What are other things that I need to know about Seoul? Should I be prepared for bad taxi drivers? Dangerous streets I should avoid? Things I should keep attention to?
* Are there enough Koreans to speak English? I was in Japan once and it's hard to communicate sometimes as most Japanese there doesn't speak English. :)
I think those are the questions I have for now, thanks alot!