We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help please...

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dubai
help please...

I have confusion do to big luggage.

I will arrive from incheon in Seoul station by arex express train and continue to my hotel near jongno-gu area (close to jonggak station).

Shall I took connection with subway line 1 to jonggak station or shall I took taxi from Seoul station.

I just really confuse since I'm traveling alone and with kinda big luggage.

If I choose taxi do you know how long the trip will be to jonggak area and how much will cost me. I need to attend meeting around 4 hours after my arrival in seoul. Thx u so much...

Irvine, California
Destination Expert
for Seoul
reviews: 3
1. Re: help please...

With big luggage and a foreign country, I would recommend the taxi to your hotel. Your hotel is not too far from Seoul Station so the taxi should be fairly cheap and worth it. I can't remember the exact prices but I think its something like 3,200 won to start and I don't think it should cost more than 5,000 won.

dubai
2. Re: help please...

Thx skatensx..appreciate for feedback

3. Re: help please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:52 am, February 19, 2013
Daejeon, South Korea
Destination Expert
for Seoul, South Korea
reviews: 22
4. Re: help please...

Agree that taxi is your best option with luggage. Will you really have enough luggage to warrant a minivan?!

To get a taxi to Jonggak area, come out of the back of the station (not the main entrance) because it'll be a shorter journey. If you catch a taxi from the front of the station, it will do a big loop and as you drive past the taxis at the back of the station, you'll kick yourself!

dubai
5. Re: help please...

Hi Debbi99,

Thx u for the info. I will arrive at incheon around 8:30 am. Therefore I'm expecting arrive in Seoul sentral station at around 10-10:30 am (cross my finger).

I only have one big luggage but quiet heavy. that way I thing king to take taxi better to reach my hotel near jonggak.

I will follow your suggestions to look for taxi at the back of station,

6. Re: help please...

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:52 am, February 19, 2013
New York
Destination Expert
for Seoul, South Korea
7. Re: help please...

What is the name of your hotel? At ICN, there are airport limousine buses that travels directly to various parts of Seoul, stopping also at major hotels. (airport.kr/airport/traffic/bus/busList.iia…) I think it's worth to check if your hotel can be reached via limousine bus, since driver would assist load /unload luggage, so you won't have to struggle with stairways or long walks, although it may be slower than AREX. If limousine bus is not convenient way to go to your hotel, then I second AREX -> taxi from Seoul Station.

Edited: 1:55 pm, February 09, 2013
dubai
8. Re: help please...

Hi blee,

Thx u for the advice. My hotel name is centermark hotel located in insadong 5 gil. I have done check airport bus. They do stop at jonggak station but it still need to walk quiet 10-15 minutes from jonggak station. I just really not sure by that time weather will support me or not (in case rain). Especially after 6 hours flight as well walking really not my option by that time

9. Re: help please...

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 11, 2014