We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation: Seoul to High1 Ski Resort, High1 to Busan

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Transportation: Seoul to High1 Ski Resort, High1 to Busan

Hi all,

I'm heading down to Seoul in January and will be going to High1 Ski Resort from there. I know that we can take the ski train from Seoul Station to Gohan and it will take us right there. Last year when i went to High1, I took a bus from Jamsil train station at 9.30am, and it cost me 19,000won. Wondering if the buses still operate there in January next year?

In addition, are there buses that go to Busan from High1 ski resort? I'm open to the train option too and I'm wondering if we can head to Busan by train from Gohan station? Can't seem to find any information on korail website.

Thanks in advance and deeply appreciate it!

Cheonan, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea
1. Re: Transportation: Seoul to High1 Ski Resort, High1 to Busan

The tour bus from Jamsil station is still operate at 05:50 and 09:00.

No dirct train from Gohan to Busan, but there's bus for Busan from Gohan bus terminal, only 3 times a day, 06:30, 11:00, 14:20, 33,000Won. If the time is not available for you, go to Taeback bus termal, 6 times a day to Busan, 07:00, 09:25, 11:30, 14:50, 16:30, 18:20. and 5hours ride and 30,700Won. Actually there's also shuttle tour bus between Busan and High1, but I'm not sure just one way ticket is possible or not. ask them while you are there, High1.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Transportation: Seoul to High1 Ski Resort, High1 to Busan

Is the ski train from Seoul to Gohan still in operation?

I'm thinking of making a trip to High 1 in Feb and it seems like I have to take the regular Mugunghwa train from Cheongnyangni to Gohan.

Can you send me the link for the ski train ? This would be a much better option if it's still available.

Thanks!

Kuala Lumpur...
3. Re: Transportation: Seoul to High1 Ski Resort, High1 to Busan

I will be going to High 1 ski resort in the mid of December. I have spoken to the reservation personnel from High 1 resort and apparently the ski train had ceased operation.

I was advised to take the regular Mugunghwa train from Cheongnyangni to Gohan. From Gohan station you can take a cab directly to the resort at a cost about KRW 10,000 to 15,000. You can book the train ticket here www.korail.com/en/rv/pr21100/w_pr21110.jsp

Alternatively you can take the bus but in my opinion taking the train would be a better choice as I had bad experience due to the traffic jam on the highway from Seoul to Gangwon area.

Hope this help.

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Transportation: Seoul to High1 Ski Resort, High1 to Busan

Thanks Desmond! It's really helpful.

By the way, are they able to take hotel reservations over the phone (in english)?

Agoda only has 1 accommodation available which is the High One Hotel and I'm looking for something that is right outside the kids' sledding hills at the resort. Not sure if the Valley Condo might be more convenient?

Kuala Lumpur...
5. Re: Transportation: Seoul to High1 Ski Resort, High1 to Busan

I will be staying in the Valley Condo. Below please find the contact details to the resort:-

HIGH 1 RESORT MARKETING DEPARTMENT

SUNNY JUNG

82-2-2186-1706

Email: hscheong@kangwonland.com

She can communicate in English effectively. I booked my Valley Condo through her. She will email you a booking form if there's rooms available in your stipulated date. She charged me 200,000 KRW for a family suite that can accommodate 6 people.

What I gathered is that you can stay in the Valley Condo and if you want to do sledging you can always take the cable car that lead right to High One Hotel.

Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Transportation: Seoul to High1 Ski Resort, High1 to Busan

Exactly the info that I need. Thanks a lot!

I will contract Sunny for my reservation.

Manila
7. Re: Transportation: Seoul to High1 Ski Resort, High1 to Busan

Hi.. I'm also going to Korea this December 21.. Me and my wife are planning to go to high 1 but I was hoping for a day trip only. if we take the train, I think we won't have enough time to spend in High 1.

Saw some sites say to take the express bus

"Operating Hours: 06:30~23:00 (Over 15 daily departures)

Fare: One-way: 14,500 won

Departure: Dong Seoul Express Bus Terminal (Subway Line 2, Gangbyeon Station)

Express Bus Schedule: 16 times daily, bus intervals 1 hour, 06:30- 23:00 (from Seoul), 06:20 – 23:25 (from Gohan)"

No date on the post so not sure if this is still availble. if so is this advisable? was thinking taking the first bus from seoul (6:20) and depart from gohan on the last bus (23:25). But I can't find the travel time for bus to gohan. any idea? appreciate the help!

Cheonan, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea
8. Re: Transportation: Seoul to High1 Ski Resort, High1 to Busan

There are two ways to go to High1, by public bus and tour bus, but too far if you're beginners for skiing, I think.

Public bus: Go to Dong-Seoul bus terminal, 27 times daily, bus interval 30min~1hr, 06:00-23:00(From Seoul), 05:00-23:30(From Gohan), 19,300Won, 2hr 50min riding. and then take a free shuttle or taxi to ski resort.

Tour bus: the tour bus goes to High1 directly from some places, Seoul: Jamsil(Jamsil metro station exit#4, walk down 80meters to Lotte Mart) : 05:50, 09:00, and return bus: 13:00, 17:30, fare: 19,000Won(one-way)

Edited: 9:15 pm, December 13, 2012
Manila
9. Re: Transportation: Seoul to High1 Ski Resort, High1 to Busan

Thanks for the reply. Yah I know it might be too far.. but I'm avoiding large crowds. and reviews say this has the best automated lifts and lesser crowd. Plus it has natural snow. Can you recommend other ski resorts for us? Or maybe a cheap hotel we can stay in @ High 1 if ever we decide to stay the night there.

The tour bus sounds like a better option with the early call time. So if ever. I'll be coming from Myeongdong.. so I have to take the subway, opens 5:00am right? then straight to lotte mart and catch the bus @ 5:50am.. This is possible right?

Thanks for the help!

Singapore, null...
10. Re: Transportation: Seoul to High1 Ski Resort, High1 to Busan

hi JJKorea, thanks for the information on the direct bus from Jamsil Stadium. Would it be necessary for my wife and i to book tickets for the private bus? If so, can i have more information on how to book it? The bus goes directly to high1 resort without the need for taxi from the drop off point correct? Thanks!