We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iPhone Rental

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 1
iPhone Rental

I've reserved two iPhones at Olleh KT's website for collection tomorrow but I did not receive any confirmation. Is this normal? I have emailed them but no reply.

nyc
reviews: 3
1. Re: iPhone Rental

I've received an email confirmation from them. Were you able to pick up the phones?

Seoul, South Korea
reviews: 2
2. Re: iPhone Rental

Yes very convenient, but beware of use. I recently got an iphone from KT Olleh at Incheon Airport, for my mom who came to visit me in Seoul. And I got her an iphone WITHOUT DATA for 10 days, and it was 1,500 won per day for 10 days, so the phone rental was really cheap like 18,000won in total.

HOWEVER, we were charged over 120,000won (about 120 USD) for DATA usage. Because apparently, though we didn't want DATA, the option was still there, and they had just flipped a button on the iphone, and apparently it was on while we had the phone, so we had to pay the charges. They said that when they gave it to us, they turned it off, but when we returned it, it was on, so we must have used it, so we have to pay.

After we first got the phone, I admit that I downloaded an app onto the phone, but because we didn't have DATA it shouldn't had worked, but it did so we assumed it was using nearby WIFI connection. We don't have iphones, much less know how to get around certain functions. So I don't even know how it was turned on.

So, for me it's lesson learnt. BUT for future users, keep this in mind. I'm sure I'm not the first, and definitely not the last. The employees should be better trained at notifying customers of such a possibility and not just brush us off as soon as possible to serve more customers.

3. Re: iPhone Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 05, 2014