We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pojangmacha

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 1
Pojangmacha

I believe this is the place where you can sit inside the tent .. and have snacks, drink soju etc is that right?

Where can I find these in Seoul? Are they everywhere?

Any particular area that has a lot of these?

I will be going in April if that makes any difference

New York
Destination Expert
for Seoul, South Korea
1. Re: Pojangmacha

You will find pojangmacha just about everywhere in city. I recommend you hang out in Jongno area at night where you will find many of them.

See this article that contains some info on this area. (Price will be different since this article is about 4 years old) …visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp…

Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for Seoul
reviews: 36
2. Re: Pojangmacha

There are two kinds of pojangmacha. One that serves snacks like ttokbokki, gimbap, soondae, squid tempura, etc. (mostly during the day). And one that serves soju and various dishes at night.

It looks like you are looking for the one at night. Jongno has a lot, but there are some around Insa-dong, too. They vary widely in quality and offerings.

Most popular dishes to order are sannakji (live octopus cut up into bits that you dip in sesame oil or hot sauce), dakddongjib (chicken gizzards stir-fried with bell pepper and onion), jeyookbokkum (stir-fried spicy pork with vegetables), and shishamo (actually a Japanese dish, it is grilled and salted smelt fish that is filled with its own eggs).

3. Re: Pojangmacha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:33 am, September 07, 2010