We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgia and Armenia in 6 days...?

Which Tbilisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 10
Georgia and Armenia in 6 days...?

Dear all,

Planning a 6-day trip to Georgia in mid-October flying in to and out of Tbilisi. Is it worth adding a daytrip (or even two days) to Yerevan or will we waste too much time travelling? We have been to Georgia once before and saw much of Tbilisi and also Gori. We plan to explore more this visit...

Thank you!

7 replies to this topic
Tbilisi, Georgia
reviews: 63
1. Re: Georgia and Armenia in 6 days...?

I think that two day trip to Armenia would be reasonable choice as one day might be tight drive, given border crossing and mountain pass in Armenia (in bad weather it takes time) However with so much other things to see in Georgia, I would suggest to slot Armenian trip in summer time.

Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 10
2. Re: Georgia and Armenia in 6 days...?

We are travelling to Georgia from Turkey, so thought going to Armenia from Georgia might be a little easier... But point taken, thank you! Do you think it's possible to get around Georgia at this time of year just using public transport, or will we need a car/driver?

Yerevan, Armenia
3. Re: Georgia and Armenia in 6 days...?

Hello

I think visiting Armenia is good idea. And also in mid October the weather is not so bad so that it isn't worth to visit Armenia. in two days you can manage to see much Yerevan and also surroundings (cause it's much more interesting than just seeing only Yerevan). As you have tight time I can organize your trip to see as much as possible, beginning with picking you up from Tbilisi and driving to Yerevan and visiting the must see places on the way, and in the end taking you Tbilisi.

It's up to you guys :) feel free to contact me for further information.

Take care

4. Re: Georgia and Armenia in 6 days...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, November 04, 2013

London, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Georgia and Armenia in 6 days...?

Anyone planning on getting a driver to go around Armenia should consider Ara, based out of Goris in the south. He's an honest, incredibly decent guy who even took me to eat with his family (where everything served was grown in the backyard). It's about US$100 a day to do trips around Yerevan, a bit more to do one-way trips elsewhere in the country. Ara's English is pretty good, and he's an excellent conversationalist regarding Armenian affairs, culture, politics, etc. He took me to Tatev, the Yegheghis Valley, Sevan, the Iranian border, and all points in between. Give him a call at (374) 94002322.

London, United...
reviews: 155
6. Re: Georgia and Armenia in 6 days...?

If I was to travel to Yerevan from Tbilisi for a couple of days, what sort of time will I be spending in the car and what/where would I stop along the way?

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Georgia and Armenia in 6 days...?

I took a private taxi from Yerevan to Tbilisi and we stopped in Gyumri. It was sort of a detour and we paid extra for it. The usual route is via Dilijan and Alaverdi if you take the Marshrutka. We set off at 8am and arrived in Tbilisi Freedom Square at about 5pm. We had about an hour in Gyumri. One fuel stop near the border before customs.

If you take the bus from Envoy Hostel, there are stops along the way.

Reply to: Georgia and Armenia in 6 days...?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tbilisi