We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snow in Tblisi

Which Tbilisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doha, Qatar
reviews: 28
snow in Tblisi

Hi...me and my friend are planning to go to Tblisi this Nov2013 for 3nights. weve been wanting to experience snow :) please advise if there will be snow by then. if not, where in georgia would that be? any day tours that are possible from tblisi to somewhere with snow? or which month (approximately) can we experience snow?

Tbilisi, Georgia
reviews: 7
1. Re: snow in Tblisi

Hello there!

The snowy Tbilisi is more likely to visit in the end of December. but still it's not for sure. You will see snow in Kazbegi ( it's a one day tour from Tbilisi ). In Svaneti region there is a snow already.

Kind regards, Irene

Doha, Qatar
reviews: 28
2. Re: snow in Tblisi

hi Irene thank you...

do you know the approximate cost for Kazbegi day tour? and the duration of the day tour - # of hours? are there some tour operators in tbilisi who can arrange us on this? like we request to arrange this on our day of arrival (day 1) then take the tour on day2 or 3.

Svaneti is not possible for day tour? looking forward for your favorable feedback :) this would help a lot on our initial planning.

Bagram, Afghanistan
reviews: 24
3. Re: snow in Tblisi

To Nhez,

Cheaper if you just do it without any travel tours and going there is pretty straighforwrd. Head to Didube station via metro and follow the flow of people going outside and you will see the Didube terminal. Its a bit chaotic and signs are in local language but yiu can hear people shouting Kazbegi taxi or Marshrutkas. Marshrutka fare is 10 lari ( forex $1-1.65 lari). Travel time is abiut 3 hours along scenic mountain route.kazbegi is a small town and do nit miss to climb Tsaminda sameba. It is there iconic landmark. Kazbegi guesthouse or homestay are easy to find and does not need reservation.

Svaneti cant be done on day tour and you need will need more days to enjoy the region. Going there you must travel to Zugdidi on a Night train to lessen the cost of hotel and arrive at around 6am then you must ride marshrutkas to Svaneti (mestia) and cost is 20 lari for 5 hours travel.

Yes the country is safe even for lone female traveller like me.

Regards,

Za

Tbilisi, Georgia
reviews: 7
4. Re: snow in Tblisi

Hello,again! You may take a marshrutka to Kazbegi,as Za wrote, but in this case you will not stop at all places on the way, that are worth seeing. If you rent a car with a driver for a whole day it will cost around 120 USD. ( whole day is from early morning till midnight )

To Svaneti tours are more expensive , as it is almost the farthest region of Georgia from Tbilisi. If you go there you will need minimum 2 days ( one night ). As you get in Mestia, you may do horse riding from there to Koruldi lakes and visit wonderful airbuses .

If you have more questions- I am ready to answer :)

Regards, Irene

Bagram, Afghanistan
reviews: 24
5. Re: snow in Tblisi

Hi Irene,

Yes marshrutkas didnt stop on the way and I did not travel that way maybe I am lucky but I travelled on a private car (Honda CRV) when I was in Didube and the best thing was - 10 lari fare!!!

Irene,

If you get a deal like this its better because you can ask the driver to stop on the scenic route - Ananuri, fruit stand on tha road, Zhinvali reservoir, Gudauri etc.

Cheers,

Za

Tbilisi, T'bilisi...
6. Re: snow in Tblisi

Hello Nhez.

If you are interested in guesthouse in Tbilisi . I can suggest one near Freedom Square.

7. Re: snow in Tblisi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, November 04, 2013
8. Re: snow in Tblisi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 03, 2014