We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel alone for a girl?

Which Tbilisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 65
Is it safe to travel alone for a girl?

Hello,

I've been considering to visit Tiflis for 3-4 days in October, unfortunately none of my friends can match up their schedule so if I go, I'll be alone.

I think if I follow common sense there won't be any problem but just in case I wanted to hear what fellow travellers would say about it...

17 replies to this topic
Tbilisi, Georgia
reviews: 7
1. Re: Is it safe to travel alone for a girl?

You are very welcome to Georgia! Don't be afraid and visit us! It is complitely safe...

Irene

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 7
2. Re: Is it safe to travel alone for a girl?

I am not a girl, but from what I could see it seems totally safe - I didn't feel unsafe walking anywhere around the city, day or night, and it is just like any other cosmopolitan European city. The main safety issue is crossing the road, and that applies to everybody ... :)

Stuttgart, Germany
reviews: 172
3. Re: Is it safe to travel alone for a girl?

Hey, I feel perfectly safe during my stay. The only point to recommend is a closer view to the roads when you walk by. Here are some pictures:

airliners.net/aviation-forums/…

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 107
4. Re: Is it safe to travel alone for a girl?

There have been reports in the THorntree forum last year of 2 rape attemps, in Kazbegi and in Borjomi (in the last case, by a homestay owner). However, as usual in anonymous Internet reports, it is impossible to verify if that is true or not.

Tbilisi, Georgia
reviews: 63
5. Re: Is it safe to travel alone for a girl?

Same rules apply as anywhere else while travelling. Take reasonable precautions and travel here will be safe. Georgia is known for having really low crime rates, therefore you will have no problem in travelling around the country or in major cities. I would say that Tbilisi is much safer than most of EU cities.

Bagram, Afghanistan
reviews: 12
6. Re: Is it safe to travel alone for a girl?

Hi Elcinkisacik,

Definitely safe for solitary female. Travelled the country last month.

Happy travels,

Za

reviews: 65
7. Re: Is it safe to travel alone for a girl?

Everyone thanks for your comments,

I confirmed what I thought, hopefully it will be a fun trip :)

thanks

Tbilisi, T'bilisi...
8. Re: Is it safe to travel alone for a girl?

Hosgeldin Gurcistana! Herkes icin tehlikesiz ulke.

9. Re: Is it safe to travel alone for a girl?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, October 28, 2013

Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 23
10. Re: Is it safe to travel alone for a girl?

When will you be going? I am going to Georgia and I'm having trouble finding people to travel with!

Reply to: Is it safe to travel alone for a girl?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted