We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tbilisi-Yerevan

Which Tbilisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vilnius, Lithuania
Tbilisi-Yerevan

Hi everyone :)

i have a several questions for you guys abaou trip from Tbilisi to Yerevan. We have tickets to Tbilisi in the august, we would like to spend a day in a georgeus city, Tbilisi. And then we would like to go to Yerevan. So the question would be:

with what kind of transport (cheapest i mean) we should take to reach our destination - Yerevan? maybe someone knows prices for this summer, taxi, bus, marsrutka and the train?

Thank you :)

Greetings from Lithuania :)

10 replies to this topic
Berlin, Germany
1. Re: Tbilisi-Yerevan

You can travel between the capitals using any of those means of transportation. Of course, a taxi would be very expensive and totally unnecessary. If you like train travelling, give it a shot, even though it might take long. Otherwise marshrutka would be the way to go.

Los Angeles...
2. Re: Tbilisi-Yerevan

train is the cheapest, but t if it matters,the trains are not in a good condition.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 159
3. Re: Tbilisi-Yerevan

Hi:

I would suggest the marshrutka. Be at Ortachala station early. The minivan leaves when the vehicle is full. I planned to take the 0900hrs and waited till 0930hrs before we departed. Read from guide books it should take 6 hours but in the end I reached Yerevan about 1600hrs.

I wont recommend the train unless you have the luxury of time. You can refer to the train time table here:

www.railway.ge/…

Hope it answers.

Warsaw, Poland
reviews: 2
4. Re: Tbilisi-Yerevan

Hi All,

I checked the train's timetable, but couldn't find Tbilisi-Yerevan connection. Could help me and guide me where I could find it? what is the price of a marshrutka and a train? And when we say train - is it a sleeping bed or I'd need to sit all night. Thank you in advvance.

Tbilisi, Georgia
5. Re: Tbilisi-Yerevan

HI Anna,

1. I'll send you the website link of Georgia Railway station where you can see the terms of internet booking, timetable, price and free seats of train Tbilisi-Yerevan

tickets.railway.ge/login.aspx?lang=en-US

2.This is the exact link where you should fill the Departure and Arrival Stations. NOTE: For Yerevan u should fill SADAKHLO it is the name of station in Yerevan , price is 40 Gel

and for Mini Bus (Marshutka) cots is 30 Gel

www.railway.ge/samg/searchTrains.aspx…

Warsaw, Poland
6. Re: Tbilisi-Yerevan

Thank you for much, this helps a lot.

Vilnius, Lithuania
7. Re: Tbilisi-Yerevan

yes! thank you all! can't wait for my trip to Armenia :))

Vilnius, Lithuania
8. Re: Tbilisi-Yerevan

yes, thank you all for answering! Can;t wait for our trip to Armenia! :))

Paderborn, Germany
9. Re: Tbilisi-Yerevan

Thanks to all of you, but there is one more question for me. On monday 28th of october i have to be in Yerevan no later then about 2:00pm till at least 4:00pm and then have to be in Kutaisi Airport at the next day about 11:00am (don`t ask why :) ). On the 27th i guess I`m in Tbilisi. So the times are very fixed an maybe the best way is to get a rental car from and to tbilisi and then take a Marshutka to Tbilisi?! Are there any night-Marshutka`s or are they just staring in the mornings?

Seattle, USA
reviews: 6
10. Re: Tbilisi-Yerevan

Hi all -- was wondering now in 2014 if the Tbilisi-Yerevan train schedule is still the same. I tried the Web site, which doesn't work at all, so I want to know if the route still runs on odd-numbered days. Thanks!

Reply to: Tbilisi-Yerevan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted