We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi - online booking

Which Tbilisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pecs,Hungary
reviews: 4
Night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi - online booking

Hi All,

I plan to book tickets online on the Georgian Railway website for the night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi. We plan to book "First-class – equipped with 2 berths for sleeping in one compartment" tickets. I choose modernized as wagon category, then I cannot select 1st class wagon class from the dropdown, I get results only with selecting all classes. After than I got day coach wagon class only. What does day coach mean? How can I book 1st class tickets?

We travel on 19/May and we need 2 tickets.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Gabor

26 replies to this topic
1. Re: Night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi - online booking

i advise you sway to the bus trip its cheaper and quicker, cheers

Pecs,Hungary
2. Re: Night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi - online booking

Finally we took the night train, was purchased online before the trip. It was really convenient. I recommend to buy it in advance. You should select "Non modernized – Soft seated carriage" category for the 1st class. It cost 16 lari/per person/one way.

Bat'umi, Ajaria...
3. Re: Night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi - online booking

I'm getting the same things, how were you able to finally book your ticket? It doesn't matter how far in advance I try to book, I get the same results.

Bat'umi, Ajaria...
4. Re: Night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi - online booking

I'm getting the same things, how were you able to finally book your ticket? It doesn't matter how far in advance I try to book, I get the same results.

Pecs,Hungary
5. Re: Night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi - online booking

I try it now again, I did as mentioned above. You have to log in, after click Online Tickets. I selected for instance 31/July, From Tbilis to Zugdidi, 2 tickets, wagon category: Non-modernized, wagon class: Soft seated carriage and click within the apartment (this is the 1st class). Then I got the result, train leaves at 21:10, total fare 32 lari. Then you have to proceed to payment.

London, United...
reviews: 14
6. Re: Night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi - online booking

v helpful thanks

Tallinn
7. Re: Night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi - online booking

How many seats are in one cabin then?

London, United...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi - online booking

I am trying to reserve the overnight train from Tbilisi to Batumi (Makhinjauri). I see three stations listed for Tbilisi - "Tbilisi.pass", "Tbilisi.sort" and "Tbilisi.cross". Any idea which one is supposed to be the central station?

Thank you!

Melbourne, Australia
9. Re: Night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi - online booking

I'm trying to follow these instructions exactly, but I keep getting a message "To search vacancies by requested datas aren’t possible". Can anyone help?

Tbilisi, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Tbilisi
reviews: 6
10. Re: Night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi - online booking

Hello Fitzroy,

Could you give some more details which options you selected? If you find it easier, send screenshot to my email Tbilisian@gmail.com

Best

Medea

Reply to: Night train from Tbilisi to Zugdidi - online booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted