We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kutaisi-Tbilisi by public transport

Which Tbilisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Krakow, Poland
Kutaisi-Tbilisi by public transport

Hello,

Soon I will be making a trip to Georgia, arriving on Kutaisi airport. Could anyone advise me what the easiest way is to get from Kutaisi to Tbilisi? I heard taking a marshrutka is the best thing to do, in that case is it possible to wait on a stand and pay for a ticket on the sport or should i buy this up front?

Thanks a lot for informing me.

J.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 155
1. Re: Kutaisi-Tbilisi by public transport

There are both mashrutkas and also large busses, there are departures all the time.

Krakow, Poland
2. Re: Kutaisi-Tbilisi by public transport

And where are they departuring all the time? On Kutaisi airport?

Kiev, Ukraine
3. Re: Kutaisi-Tbilisi by public transport

yes, near airport's door ;) 10 lari to Tbilisi

4. Re: Kutaisi-Tbilisi by public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, May 14, 2013
Krakow, Poland
5. Re: Kutaisi-Tbilisi by public transport

Thanks for the info.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 224
6. Re: Kutaisi-Tbilisi by public transport

Hello, I took a bus from Kutaisi to Butami and I think I passed the Kutaisi airport.

Seriously the airport is so freaking far from Kutaisi main centre and I doubt there are buses, from what I see there are some taxis waiting outside the airport ready to extort money off you.

Wiki says its about 15km off Kutaisi but somehow I think its more. Lonely Planet says 30km and I think its more reasonable as the bus journey from Kutaisi centre to airport is about 30km. There is no direct bus to and from the airport but I think you might be able to get the bus drivers to stop for you for those going the Kutaisi - Batumi route and vice versa.

Chisinau
7. Re: Kutaisi-Tbilisi by public transport

Can I go directly from Kutaisi to Yerevan by bus?

Paderborn, Germany
reviews: 3
8. Re: Kutaisi-Tbilisi by public transport

No answer for that? I also want to know if there is a bus from yerevan to kutaisi

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
9. Re: Kutaisi-Tbilisi by public transport

There is a direct train which commences in Makhinjauri (actually Batumi, but the line stops about 10km out) - this train passes through Kutaisi.

You might be able to buy a ticket on-line here http://www.railway.ge/?web=1&lang=eng more information here www.seat61.com/Caucasus.htm#.UhTeEpLVCSo

10. Re: Kutaisi-Tbilisi by public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, January 18, 2015