We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgia in Winter

Which Tbilisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sao Paulo, SP
reviews: 1
Georgia in Winter

Is it a good idea to go Georgia during the winter ?

What 's the perfect itinerary for 4 full days in Georgia ?

tks a lot

51 replies to this topic
Doha, Qatar
11. Re: Georgia in Winter

Dear Irene,

Many thanks for your reply, yes we are looking for a guest house which will be cost 50-70 Gel. We are coming to Tbilisi on 31st. We will stay there two days and next two days we are planning to stay in Gudauri. Is there is any train from Tbilisi to Gudari? Is it easy to find a guest house in Gudauri ? We will stay there on 2nd and 3rd nights.

If you can please reply me, we are really exciting to visit your country.

Thanks,

Janvi

Tbilisi, Georgia
reviews: 7
12. Re: Georgia in Winter

Hello again!

To find a guest house in Tbilisi is much easier rather than in Gudauri. So you should book it in advance. I would say that " Guest house Retro" is a nice place. Cost is around 40 USD including 2 meals. If you want I can give you phone number or e-mail...

There is no train from Tbilisi to Gudauri. But there is a minibus which leaves every 1 hour. Or you can just hire a taxi to get there...

Hope i was helpful :)

Have a nice day!

Irene

Doha, Qatar
13. Re: Georgia in Winter

Dear Irene,

Thanks for your fast reply, yes please give me the phone number. Thanks a lot a lot for your help.

Thanks,

Janvi

Tbilisi, Georgia
14. Re: Georgia in Winter

Good day!

Mobile number is +995 599 57 41 61

E-mail - rezi2009@mail.ru

gudauri.travel/en/…hotel-retro-gudauri.html

you can have a look at the pics here.

Bye, Irene

UAE
15. Re: Georgia in Winter

Hello.. my friends and i are going to Georgia this Nov.28-Dec 2 and they said it is winter time in Georgia :) can we find snow in that time? do we have to wear boots, winter jackets and some stuff? or some layering and nice coat will do? any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)

Tbilisi, Georgia
16. Re: Georgia in Winter

Hello,it depends where you are going to. In the higher regions it is likely you will find snow and will need winter clothing. Generally in Tbilisi there is no snow at all and a simple coat will do :)

If you have more questions, don't hesitate and contact me.

Regards,Irene

UAE
17. Re: Georgia in Winter

thanks irene :)

Any place near Tbilisi that has snow? we will be only staying there for 3 days! And it is possible that we can go to Armenia and back to Tbilisi on the same day?

Tbilisi, Georgia
18. Re: Georgia in Winter

It is going to be veeery long and a veeeery hectic day if you want to go to Armenia and come back at the same time :((

The closest place near Tbilisi ,where you can see snow is Kazbegi ( Stepantsminda village ). But still, nobody knows what the weather will be like at that exact dates you are coming on...

Irene

UAE
19. Re: Georgia in Winter

Hi Irene :)

how far is Kazbegi from Tbilsi? and what can we see in that place aside from the snow ?:)

Tbilisi, Georgia
20. Re: Georgia in Winter

Hi, it takes around 4 hours one way, but with the stops. On the way you will visit Ananuri fortress, mineral water springs, spectacular views ,great mount Kazbeg and Gergety trinity . You are always welcome!

Kind regards,Irene

Reply to: Georgia in Winter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted