We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport - Hotel - Airport in Tbilisi

Which Tbilisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Budapest, Hungary
reviews: 47
Airport - Hotel - Airport in Tbilisi

I'm arriving in Tbilisi on a Thursday, at 02:50 am, inbound from Istanbul. I'm leaving for Kiev the next Tuesday at 07:50, so I have to be at the airport at 0600 at the latest, I guess. The hotel would charge me 36 USD for both transfers, which I think is a little steep. How can I transfer to and from the airport cheaper?

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 296
11. Re: Airport - Hotel - Airport in Tbilisi

Hi Bytess,

So is this a transfer option for 4 or 5 persons? Four persons can squeeze into one taxi, while for five you will either need a mini van, or two taxis.

Dubai, United Arab...
12. Re: Airport - Hotel - Airport in Tbilisi

Just for 4 person cora. Whats the usual rate?

Dubai, United Arab...
13. Re: Airport - Hotel - Airport in Tbilisi

And if i may add (sorry to the original poster if this is off the topic) we are planning ro go there in 2nd or 3 rd week of Novemeber this year. Its a 5- day vacation and here is what i plan to do, hope you can comment and tell if its wise to go on these places at the above time...

Day 1 - Arrival to tbilisi at early morning 5 am perhaps, roam the city. Evening - bar hopping

Day 2 - mtskheta and manglisi (is it worth the time visiting manglisi? Then back to tbilisi

Day 3 - kazbegi (can we still go here at this time). How much is fare in mini-van

We are planning to go to yedevan if the cost to go isnt high..

Thanks for the time answering..

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
14. Re: Airport - Hotel - Airport in Tbilisi

>>> Just for 4 person cora. Whats the usual rate?

Hi Bytess,

If you take a look at page one of this thread, you'll see that earlier this year the rate was 30-35GEL from the airport to downtown. I just don't believe the price could have doubled.

So as long as we talk about 4 persons, i.e. ok for one taxi, assuming you don't travel with too much luggage, skiing equipment etc, you can give the 60GEL transfer up and just take one taxi from the airport for half the price.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
15. Re: Airport - Hotel - Airport in Tbilisi

Well, I don’t know what your itinerary for Tbilisi is, but it’s quite possible to see Tbilisi and Mtskheta in one day, especially once you arrive so early and IF you don’t plan to take a nap upon arrival. Especially considering that you return to Tbilisi on day 2 and will have some time left for the city roaming, too.

Sadly, I haven’t been to Manglisi so can’t possibly advise if it’s worthy going there. I remember learning some things about it back from our common Soviet past (Manglisi climate resort, Manglisi cathedral), but that’s it. In my understanding (again, which can be erroneous) it’s just yet another old Georgian scenic village. In any case, it doesn’t look too good to me combining it with Mtskheta: Manglisi is to the west from Tbilisi while Mtskheta is to the north.

Just a suggestion for you to consider:

Kazbeghi is definitely worth making, any time! Even in the worse-case scenario if you fail to get to Gergeti church, you will enjoy the amazing scenery of the Georgian Military Highway. But one day trip there, although definitely doable, might seem somewhat rushed. If you search through the forum, you can find my suggestions on multiple stops on your way from Tbilisi to Stepantsminda. So if you can, consider sparing two days for this trip. By the way, in this case you can add Mtskheta on one of these days, as it will be on your way.

As for the mini-van prices, better contact several different providers and see what they have to offer. I hired nearly a year ago and in January; not sure if those rates are still applicable.

I’m not sure it’s worthy bothering with Yerevan (unless you want to tick in yet another country, of course). There are so many things Georgia still has to offer! Why don’t you visit one of its cave monasteries, for example? Or famous Alazani valley? In fact, all depends on your interests and preferences.

Dubai, United Arab...
16. Re: Airport - Hotel - Airport in Tbilisi

Cora, thank you for your quick reply, now our sched goes something like this:

Day1 hotel in tbilisi

Day2

Day3

Day4 and day5 msthketa and kazbegi

Day6 airport..

Now how can i fill day 2 and 3? ;>

Dubai, United Arab...
17. Re: Airport - Hotel - Airport in Tbilisi

Looking for a place to stay in kazbegi. I read about Anano but there was no price in the net, how much is the price range in Kazbegi in november for 4 persons?

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
18. Re: Airport - Hotel - Airport in Tbilisi

>>> Now how can i fill day 2 and 3? ;>

What are your travel interests, please?

But first, you'd better start a new thread for your questions, Bytess. We are way too far along hijacking this airport thread, I'm afraid.

Athens
reviews: 15
19. Re: Airport - Hotel - Airport in Tbilisi

Dear Tbilisian,

It seems to me very difficult to find the most accurate way to arrive to Holiday Inn Tbilisi from the airport (at a normal time) using train and metro. Which is the way to reach my hotel the moment I arrive at the airport. Taxi is not an option for me.

Thank you in advance

20. Re: Airport - Hotel - Airport in Tbilisi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 11, 2014