We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa to georgai from UAE

Which Tbilisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Abu Dhabi, United...
visa to georgai from UAE

salehacca

Abu Dhabi...

17. Re: invitation letters and police clearance?

Apr 12, 2012, 2:06 AM

Good Day Everybody???

i am yemen nationality resident in united arab emirates and i want to go for vacation to tbilisi but they dont have any embassy in abu dhabi or dubai>>

any one can guide me i appreciate his help

105 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
1. Re: visa to georgai from UAE

Saleh,

If you have UAE resident VISA, you can get VISA on arrival in Georgia. i would suggest you to call Georgia Border Police to confirm above on 00 995 322418515. Also, if you have invitation letter it will be helpful.

Secondly, You can apply for an Armenian VISA, embassy is at Abu Dhabi. Single entry VISA will cost you Dhs 270 valid for 21 days from the date of entry. Once in Armenian you can easily get Georgian VISA while crossing the border.

Thanks/ Nakul.

Abu Dhabi, United...
2. Re: visa to georgai from UAE

Dear NakulNaithani thank you too much for your reply, i have some question if can answer me??

are uae resident and have you ever visited georgia if yes how you get visa on border or you apply for armenian visa as you explain ..

secondly how can i get invition letter

Dubai, United Arab...
3. Re: visa to georgai from UAE

Yes Saleh, I am UAE resident. I was planning to visit Georgia but opted out due to the same reason.

I got my Armenian VISA and would be visiting next month. I shall then cross the border and go on the other side.

Invitation letter can be provided by a citizen/ resident.

I think you might need a Invitation letter to apply for Armenian VISA too.

Due to my nationality I was not required to provide the same.

Abu Dhabi, United...
4. Re: visa to georgai from UAE

thankss for the information but still i need your number if its possible here i want to call you

Tbilisi, Georgia
reviews: 61
5. Re: visa to georgai from UAE

Salehacca,

you can get GEO visa at Tbilisi airport (direct flights from Dubai). once you get to the passport control, you'll see notice VISA , go there and there you can get one for 20 USD, single entry short-term visa. very easy. If you have residence permit of UAE, you might not even need a visa, as UAE nationals don't need visa for Georgia.

happy travels.

Dubai, United Arab...
6. Re: visa to georgai from UAE

Hi

I'm lebanese citizan I already have UAE recidance visa haw can I apply Georgea visa ?please advice me

Thanks

Mohamed

Dubai, United Arab...
7. Re: visa to georgai from UAE

Guys, Georgia seems like a confused destination. Do think before risking reaching the airport & expecting on-arrival visa. Georgia's embassy in the Middle East region is only in Kuwait. I'd applied there 2 months back but no reply as yet. If I call the embassy, all they say is fly into Tbilisi & if I'm fortunate I'll get the visa. How weird! I wonder why Flydubai & Qatar Airways are wasting their money promoting this destination when the Visa is such a mess. In fact, even Georgia has been promoting itself as a business destination that wants to compete with Dubai to become a top destination when it comes to ease of business setup. Dream on guys. First move your embassy to Dubai, get some efficient staff & then you can expect travelers to start flying in. Long way to go.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 296
8. Re: visa to georgai from UAE

Quite a few UAE citizens have reported here on the forum, including recently, that they had no problem whatsoever in obtaining Georgia visa upon arrival.

Why this scaremongering?

Dubai
reviews: 1
9. Re: visa to georgai from UAE

I completely agree. There is just no clarity about this whole visa process. If you write to Ministry of Foreing Affairs in Georgia they direct you to the Embassy of Georgia in Kuwait. You get in touch with Kuwait, they ask you to book your tickets, buy insurance, do your hotel bookings, pay the visa fees and revert back to them.So you spend money and energy to complete all the above mentioned formalities and apply for the visa, only to be told that it might take upto 45 days and that too without any certainty.So all that you have is flight tickets, hotel bookings, sanctioned leave and tons of frustration as you don't know whether you will be able to board the flight or not. So with less than 2 weeks left to travel, what do I do?Georgia do I look forward to you or not?

dubai
10. Re: visa to georgai from UAE

well i am glad that i am not alone in this misery...

well if the embassy at Kuwait tells me clearly that if I have a UAE resident visa i can go and get visa on arrival then i will be glad to that....but they are asking us to send the application and all the other documents....which means they them selfs are not clear about it or they just want to make money...

really heart breaking when you plan and it goes to waste....my departure date is close by and there is no sign from them....

Reply to: visa to georgai from UAE
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted