We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips from Tbilisi

Which Tbilisi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Virginia
Trips from Tbilisi

I am planning to visit Georgia for two weeks in late May to early June. Is it reasonable to use Tbilisi as a base and take day trips or a couple of overnights to the mountains for some hiking? Any other adventures anyone would suggest to a traveler flying into and out of Tbilisi with two weeks to wander?

Thank you

Edited: 3:07 pm, September 28, 2011
Tbilisi, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Tbilisi
reviews: 11
1. Re: Trips from Tbilisi

hello,

in case this 2 weeks you have for holiday you can visit much more interesting places than in day-trips from Tbilisi, especially in May-June, when it's best time for travelling :)

just tell us something more about your hobbies...

Salem, Virginia
2. Re: Trips from Tbilisi

Thank for your kind reply.

As I have read more about Georgia I have realized that I want to travel around a bit. I am interested in trekking in the mountains, seeing old places and enjoying the people of Georgia.

Any suggestions you may have will be most welcomed.

Dhaka City...
3. Re: Trips from Tbilisi

hi

i m a businessman from Bangladesh, i want to open a Restaurant at Georgia, i have investors for it... can any one help me by provide invitation & patrol clearance from georgia? plz e-mail me at a_k_chowdhury2000@yahoo.com

Tbilisi, Georgia
4. Re: Trips from Tbilisi

Hello

Actually you chose best time of year for travelling in Georgia. We can recommend some paces and specify how many days it takes for each.

If you like trekking in mountains Mestia (3-4) and Kazbegi(2) are the best places for this. Of couse there are also few places worth to see, but needs more than 3 or 4 days. for example: Tusheti, Pshavi, Khevsureti

Regarding to visiting historical places you can go to David Gareja(1), Mtskheta-historical city of Georgia (1),Vardzia - city in stone(1),

Also you can visit Kakheti region - wine homeland. see several places: Signagi-pretty town with lovely old fashion streets,Tsinandali,Telavi

Borjomi is also worthy of attention of its natural mineral springs and Borjomi-Kharagauli national park.

I tried to list most visited interesting places in Georgia, which is

If any questions - we will be more than happy to answer them :)

Dhaka City...
5. Re: Trips from Tbilisi

hi

thanks

for come to Georgia i need invitation letter & patrol police clearance letter from Georgia...is there anybody can provide me above documents very soon?

plz e-mail me at a_k_chowdhury2000@yahoo.com

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
reviews: 1
6. Re: Trips from Tbilisi

thanks for this wonderful blog.im an asian citizen but will be transferred in tbilisi sooner ‘coz of works to be done in uptown mall, it is my recent company that will move me there for maybe a year or two, you know life in other countries are difficult in terms of culture and language which i don’t speak but to be honest with tbilisi i am also happy ‘coz it is a new challenge for myself to meet other people and make friends with them somehow. I have so many question in my mind and want some answers or an advise to make me calm before staying there, i know they are friendly but how about for an asian men, how the people would react and i just speak English and philippine language it would be difficult for me to interact towards them. How’s the cost of living tbilisi in terms of monthly salary for an architect, monthly groceries and clothings?what is the ideal budget for a single person like me, any advise please i need it badly. Thank you in advance.

Tbilisi, Georgia
7. Re: Trips from Tbilisi

Hello,

Generally, it won't be difficult for you to communicate with Georgians in English, but I'm not sure about the Philippines. Many young and older people in Georgia can more or less understand and speak English. And it's not hard to learn some basic words in Georgian especially if you're going to stay here for 1 or 2 years.

Normally, an architect's minimum salary is about 500 USD, but this is just the bare minimum of what you get. And if you are working at a successful company, have lots of experience, knowledge, skills, knowledge of various software (like Archicad or Autocad) the salary, of course, will be much higher. The more experience you have the higher the salary. Some leading companies also provide free health insurance and other perks for their employees.

As for the cost of living, check out the basic prices and indexes here: numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp…

You can also see various ratings about the costs in Georgia here: xpatulator.com/cost-of-living-review/Georgia…

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them.

All the best,

Mari

Boombully Team

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
8. Re: Trips from Tbilisi

Thanks boombullyroom, much appreicated. honestly i dont mind the salary in tbilisi as long as my recent company is providing. many of the articles i have read that "staring" to expat is widely common in tbilisi, would you give me some advise or why are they doing it based on your experience if you are not a tbilisian. how about the security and safety in the city, can you identify what are the places that has most crimen incident please? again thanks for all the info you provided.

Tbilisi, Georgia
9. Re: Trips from Tbilisi

Not long ago Georgia had no opportunity to host so many tourists together. Staring at expat was widely common in previous years, before the time when Tbilisi became a tourism hot spot. Perhaps you will agree that seeing a person with a different appearance causes interest, but it doesn't mean that they do it in bad faith. Nowadays seeing a big flow of tourists is very common and almost nobody stares at them. I think you don't have to worry about it.

.Tbilisi became secure and safe place compared with previous years. The streets are lighted,police car is patrolling every 10 minutes, people are friendly and helpful and crime expectancy is very low. No one can guarantee you 100% safety, of course, but on the whole it's a very safe country

Bests

Kate

Boombully Team

Edited: 2:20 am, November 07, 2011
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
10. Re: Trips from Tbilisi

Thanks once again, you 've just explained it all, I am thinking now I am ready.