We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver and Guide for Yangon

Which Yangon (Rangoon) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 34
Driver and Guide for Yangon

We are in Yangon for 2 nights and one day so a very short trip but we would like to book a english speaking guide and driver so they can ensure we see most of what the city has to offer, I contacted our hotel and the rate they gave for the day was $150, is this about right?

Does anyone been and would suggest theirs?

The day in question will be the 16th of December 2012.

Thank for any help

17 replies to this topic
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 209
1. Re: Driver and Guide for Yangon

Sounds very,very expensive.

Input Agents into the spyglass search feature above for recommended local Agents and send a few of them an email for a quote.

Singapore, null...
reviews: 32
2. Re: Driver and Guide for Yangon

We had a great driver in Yangon named Khin Oo. We initially hired him to take us from the airport to our hotel, but he turned out to be so helpful and kind, we hired him for the entire four day trip. He speaks very good English, shared a lot of history, and had great advice and recommendations. We had a few "must sees" but other than that we were not sure what there was to do. He took us to some great cultural sites and very good restaurants. He was telling people he felt like a father-figure to us, and wanted to make sure we were safe and happy while visiting his country. He even invited us into his house when we were curious about local neighborhoods, etc. I've recommended him to all of my friends and they have always been happy. I want to go back to Myanmar just to visit with Khin. He also said with enough notice he would be willing to drive around other cities such as Bagan.

Driver Name: Khin Oo, Tour Operator and Care Rental Service

Car: Compact Car, fits four travelers, good air conditioning

Cost: We paid $50 USD per day, which included a very healthy tip

Address: 620,8th Street, East Gyogone, Insein, Yangon

Phone number**: 09-421076346

Email: kn-ygn@myanmar.com.mm

Best way to contact him is by phone. I strongly recommend hiring him to take your Myanmar holiday from good to unforgettable.

cairns
reviews: 35
3. Re: Driver and Guide for Yangon

thanks for the info that is exactly what we are looking for.

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 87
4. Re: Driver and Guide for Yangon

Thanks for the info. Just what I was looking for.

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 5
5. Re: Driver and Guide for Yangon

We hired an English speaking driver with a van (Thant Zin, thantzin@gmail.com, +959 5097463) to show us around Yangon and to the Golden Rock.

Thant Zin is highly recommended among foreigners. Very pleasant personality and good sense of humour! He drives a bit slow but consider very safe.

His history and geography knowledge is beyond excellent and above of all, he is a very good photographer!!!

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 5
6. Re: Driver and Guide for Yangon

My mistake, the correct email of our recommended driver is thantzin.k31@gmail.com

Sorry guys!

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 8
7. Re: Driver and Guide for Yangon

I would like to thank MagsCoops for her recommendation. My family and I took her advice, and Mr. Khin Oo turned out to be superb. He was extremely helpful and kind for the 2 days that we were with him. On the first day, we asked him to take us to Bago which was a full day trip; he took us sightseeing and dine at local traditional Myanmar restaurants which we would never discover by ourselves. The trip to Bago was approximately 1:30 hrs. one-way; we had a very nice Toyota Crown with air-con. pleasant and comfortable ride. The price was very reasonable US $90. On the second day, he took us to Scott market, lunch and a few more places, then to the airport which turned out to be well worth it at $30. I would highly recommend Mr. Khin to anyone who is visiting Yangon. His telephone number is still valid as in MagsCoops post...09-421076346.

Thanks again MagsCoops and Mr. Khin Oo...if you are reading this,

Sun.

Amsterdam, The...
8. Re: Driver and Guide for Yangon

Past month (july '13) we travelled 2 1/2 week with Thant ZIn. We started in Yangon and ended in Mandalay.

The whole trip was an incredible beautiful holiday - thanks to the great driving & guiding by Thant ZIn.

He has shown us some wonderful places so we really experienced the country.

You can mail him : thantzin.k31@gmail.com

best regards

Rene (Holland)

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 209
9. Re: Driver and Guide for Yangon

Perhaps you could post your hotel and restaurant reviews ,so as to help other visitors.

Yangon (Rangoon...
10. Re: Driver and Guide for Yangon

I want to give information for Guide and Driver.His name is Zorro.He is also guide and driver.He can manage travel itinerary different from others and he is an old service in tourism.I recommend him that he can arrange your whole trip.

Reply to: Driver and Guide for Yangon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted