We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yangon to Ngwe Saung

singapore
Yangon to Ngwe Saung

I will be arriving in Yangon at about 9am and was hoping to go to Ngwe Saung directly, but after doing much research, it seems that most of the buses that go direct leave at 7am and going by taxi or getting a driver from a tour operator is just too expensive for us.

So I was wondering what are the next viable options? I read that there are buses to Pathein, but how do u get from Pathein to Ngwe Saung? and what time do these buses leave? or are there any other direct buses that leave after 9 am?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thanks

20 replies to this topic
Livry-Gargan, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
reviews: 10
1. Re: Yangon to Ngwe Saung

This post will be useful for you:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294190-i9408-k5…

Buses from Yangon to Pathein then taxi to Ngwe Saung

2. Re: Yangon to Ngwe Saung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:32 pm, November 28, 2013

3. Re: Yangon to Ngwe Saung

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

4. Re: Yangon to Ngwe Saung

5. Re: Yangon to Ngwe Saung

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

Removed on: 9:36 am, December 17, 2013

singapore
6. Re: Yangon to Ngwe Saung

ok, thanks for all the input guys, really helpful.

We are also thinking of taking the JJ express overnight bus to Bagan. Do these buses (ngwe saung and Bagan) fill up quickly? and is it possible to make an advance booking for the tickets?

7. Re: Yangon to Ngwe Saung

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

Mandalay, Myanmar
reviews: 3
8. Re: Yangon to Ngwe Saung

Take Pathein aircon bus( even they said airconed , it's not really, just open the door. ). 9:00AM Pathein bus arrive in Pathein in 1:00 PM or 1:30PM. All the buses to Ngwe Saung or Chaung Tha is not leaving the high way bus station in Pathein. All leave near market and it's crowded and JUST MINI BUS for 24 seats. I and my friends took the taxi from Pathein to Chaung Tha. It is only 40000 kyats for 2 and half hours with narrow and hilly road. It is a little bit same distance from Pathein to Chaung Tha and Ngwe Saung.

If you don't care for crowded , when you are in bus station , take a motorbike or taxi to go to bus-stop for Ngwe Saung. The last time is 4:00 PM. I am sure you can catch it.

singapore
9. Re: Yangon to Ngwe Saung

Thanks for all the info once again.

Just wondering would it be safe to do bagan and ngwe saung back to back? Meaning take the overnight bus back to Yangon from bagan and then try to catch the morning bus to Ngwe Saung immediately.

I know the bus terminals are about an hour apart and if we arrive back at 5am and leave again at 6.30am, technically speaking we should be able to make it. but I'm not sure abt the traffic conditions at that time and will it be easy to get a cab at 5am?

10. Re: Yangon to Ngwe Saung

Reply to: Yangon to Ngwe Saung
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted