We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!! Requirements for US citizens going to Myanmar.....

Arcadia, California
reviews: 1
Help!! Requirements for US citizens going to Myanmar.....

Hello Fellow Trip Advisor,

I need your immediate help on this one!!

I am a US citizen, currently visiting Singapore, and I planned a trip to Myanmar (tickets booked for 11/22). What are the latest requirements to travel into Myanmar? I've read some forums about landing visas, does that apply to tourist visas? I was planning to stop by the embassy, here in Singapore, tomorrow but I need a reservation?

What complicates things more is that I'm flying to Shanghai Saturday 11/2..... would I be able to obtain the visa while I'm in China?

Additionally, my buddy is a US citizen and works in Singapore. Is the process the same for him in getting a travel visa?

Thank you in advance for any feedback!!

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 245
1. Re: Help!! Requirements for US citizens going to Myanmar.....

There is no tourist Visa on arrival unless you fly in on MAI from Guangzho or Phnom Penh

http://maiair.com/

You will have to get you Visa in Singapore or another City-See Top questions to the right for advise or use the above search feature.There are Agents who can arrange a Visa for you but not in your timescale.

You will not be allowed to board an aircraft flying to Myanmar without a Visa.

SS

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 80
2. Re: Help!! Requirements for US citizens going to Myanmar.....

This might not fit into your plans but if it's difficult to get a visa in Singapore, you could fly to Kuala Lumpur cheaply from Singapore to get a visa. They issue a visa, the same day.

travelfish.org/board/post/burma/23304_impt--…

3. Re: Help!! Requirements for US citizens going to Myanmar.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, November 02, 2014