We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa application

Dublin, Ireland
visa application

Hi, can anyone help me please?

I am an irish woman living in Ireland. I wish to travel to Myanmar in July to visit a friend.

There is no Burmese Embassy in Ireland so I asssume I apply via the London Embassy.

Do I simply fill out the form and post everything to London? Are they OK with this? A non UK person applying for visa in UK?

And also how do I include a registered SAE to have my passport returned to me? Do I simply include more money with the postal order applicatin fee?

Thanks for any help.

Mary

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
reviews: 16
1. Re: visa application

Normally, the best is to contact directly Myanmar embassy in London.

19A Charles St London W1J 5DX

020 7499 4340

You can also apply visa on arrival with a Myanmar tour operator. Myanmarvisa.com is quite recommened in this case.

Dublin, Ireland
2. Re: visa application

Thank you.

I would rather have my visa in/on my passport before I travel so will telephone the London Embassy tomorrow.

Mary

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 245
3. Re: visa application

The procedure for applications from Eire is to get a £20 money order (the equivalent of a UK Postal Order) and send your application with photos and passport and a strong return addressed envelope to the London address-the procedures for you are the same as the London Visa FAQ,right side of this thread.

SS

Eire
reviews: 1
4. Re: visa application

Hi can you let me know how you get on with this as I am in same situation planning on travelling in October. Thanks

5. Re: visa application

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 13, 2014