We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Yangon to Inle Lake

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 9
Bus from Yangon to Inle Lake

Has anyone taken the bus (or the train) from Yangon to Inle Lake recently? I was wondering if there are overnight buses, and what time they depart and arrive.

I am spending 10 days in Myanmar. Ideally, I'd like to take an overnight bus (or train) from Yangon to Inle Lake, arriving morning or midday.

Thanks!

Yangon
1. Re: Bus from Yangon to Inle Lake

Hi

Yangon to Inle lake bus depart at 4 pm and 6pm and arriving time is around 9am in the following day.

welcome to Myanmar

Brussels
2. Re: Bus from Yangon to Inle Lake

Hi,

Would you know bus companies that makes the night trip from Yangon to Kalaw, and whether they have any website where I could already book a seat?

Many thanks

Nyaungshwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaungshwe
reviews: 12
3. Re: Bus from Yangon to Inle Lake

All buses from Yangon to Inle leave in evening 4-5 pm.Arrive to Kalaw around 3-4 am and to lnle around 5 am.bus fares are,

Yangon-Inle 13000 kyats

Inle-Bagan 10000 kyats

Yangon-Bagan 13000-14000 kyats

If you like to book or buy yourself,find ticket sell agents at Aung San soccer stadium,opposite of railway staton in Yangon.

You can call (+95)1728345 ,(+95)973013761(+95)949319935

Many express like Yan Gyi Aung,Kan Bawza,Shwe Taung Yoe,Bagan Min Ther etc.

Email not possible.

Brussels
4. Re: Bus from Yangon to Inle Lake

Many thanks for this detailled answer!

We arrive by plane to Myanmar in the morning and would like to take the bus same day. Do you think it is possible, or should I book a seat upfront by phone?

Additional questions I have for our trip are:

- From Kalaw, is it possible to rent a scooter to go to Augban and then Pindaya?

- Is it possible to take a local boat between Monywa and Bagan? If not, is it then possible between Pakkoku and Bagan? Possible any day?

Thanks again for your help

Yangon ,Myanmar
reviews: 7
5. Re: Bus from Yangon to Inle Lake

It is not possible to book seat for buses in advance from aboard because bus ticketing can't speak English .

Normally , you should book in advance for bus one day before departure .But , sometime you could get seat on the same day .

It is possible to hire scooter for Aungban and Pindaya .But , I couldn't drive by yourself .

Since there is a bridge for Bagan-Pakkokku , it is very rare that people use boat for that .But , you can take the small boat which were intended for local.

The one thing you have to notice is that you have to take motor bikes or car to Nyaung Shwe to Shwe Nyaung because your bus just only stop at Shwe Nyaung .

Brussels
6. Re: Bus from Yangon to Inle Lake

For the bus Yangon-Kalaw, would there be any possibility then to book upfront with a travel agent?

And is there any possibility of local boat between Monywa and Bagan?

Edited: 8:27 am, October 01, 2012
Nyaungshwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaungshwe
7. Re: Bus from Yangon to Inle Lake

You can take evening bus that following day,but should book as earlier as you can by ph or local agency.Oct,Nov are peak season for both tourist and locai visitors.You can hire bike for Kalaw to Pindaya but not legal.Authority not allow this but many tourist do this.

Nyaungshwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaungshwe
8. Re: Bus from Yangon to Inle Lake

You can take evening bus that following day,but should book as earlier as you can by ph or local agency.Oct,Nov are peak season for both tourist and locai visitors.You can hire bike for Kalaw to Pindaya but not legal.Authority not allow this but many tourist travel that way.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 234
9. Re: Bus from Yangon to Inle Lake

And you will negate your Travel Insurance if you illegally hire a motor cycle or scooter-officially foreigners are forbidden to do so.

Brussels
10. Re: Bus from Yangon to Inle Lake

Ok. Good to know that it is not allowed in Myanmar, thanks for the info?

Concerning my other question, would you know if there is any possibility of local boat between Monywa and Bagan?