We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about up coming holiday

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 5
Questions about up coming holiday

Hi, My sister and I are off to Vanuatu on 5th Feb, staying at Iririki which we are a bit apprehensive about after reading the bad reviews it has been given. My questions are:

What is the snorkelling like at Iririki and is it easily accessible?

Has anyone fed the sharks and turtles at Bluewater resort? We really want to do this

Is there anyway other than do a Congoola cruise to get to Tranquillity Island? We really want to see the Turtle hatchery but dont really want to do the cruise

Is there any tours that you can reccommend?

I hope some of you can answer my questions. We are really looking forward to our holiday especially after reading everyone's feedback on Vanuatu, we just wish we booked longer and can explore the other Islands.

Thanks

South Australia
reviews: 52
1. Re: Questions about up coming holiday

i didn't stay at iririki but went there for a meal and also a massage.

The island itself is beautiful and the restaurant is quite nice.

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

We went on the congoola cruise and adopted one of the baby turtles and got to release it. Had a fantastic day on the cruise they take you to a great secluded beach and the snorkelling there is great. You can always ask at your hotel how to get to the turtle hatchery without going on the cruise and they will organise something for you.

Another great day tour is the Lelepa Island Day tour. It's operated by a couple of guys from the village on Lelepa Island. They are a real laugh, such nice people. You do so much on this tour, walk into a huge cave which they light a path of candles for you, teach you about native plants & their medicinal purposes, amazing snorkelling spots, get to go to their village and meet everyone.

A must do is going to the waterfalls, this is an amazing experiencing. Just hop on one of their buses going the right direction and tell them where you want to go.

Also if you like food make sure you have a meal at Tropic Bistro the most melt in your mouth steak I've ever had

Campbelltown...
reviews: 24
2. Re: Questions about up coming holiday

We snorkelled at Irririki and found it nice. My partner is an amputee and he was able to get into the water no trouble once he took his leg off. I am quite large and also had no problem. Hideaway island is also good for snorkelling which is a 15 minute bus ride away.

The coongoola cruise is a great day out and since you ask what tours you can do, this one is great. I am positive that there are other ways to get to Tranquility island though, I am sure I saw a tour group that went there as a day trip. All the tour operators in vanuatu can help you on this one. Lelepa day out was our highlight though. The round island tour is another good day where you get to see a varied amount of things. There is parasailing and the jet boat.

We have just come back from a week in the cook islands and while the cooks are very beautiful, vanuatu still is our favourite. There is so much to do and see there.

Enjoy your trip

Jody

Sydney
reviews: 5
3. Re: Questions about up coming holiday

Thank you for your replies. I am getting more excited by the day. I love reading through everyone's messages and getting a feel for Vanuatu.

I think we will do the Lelepa Island tour as this seems very popular and with great feedback.

Jody, Thanks for your feedback re: snorkelling at Iririki. I am also a large person and was getting a little worried about how I will get in the water. You have put my mind at ease.

Thanks again, I will go back to reading more stuff and getting more excited.

Emma

Australia
4. Re: Questions about up coming holiday

Ozzy emq, We are going to Iririki Island Resort for our honeymoon on the 12 Feb 07 for 7 nights and are really looking forward to it.

I have heard that the waterfalls are amazing and are a must see.

We are looking to do the underwater post office as well - just somethink different.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 39
5. Re: Questions about up coming holiday

We're just back from Vanuatu and had planned to go to Blue Water Resort for a few days...don't even go to visit. It is a run down wreck of a place, an expensive ride to get there, and you pay to use the beach. I must admit the beach is beautiful but the sharks and turtles are cooped up in concrete tanks. When we arrived there was no power or water. Have a great time.

6. Re: Questions about up coming holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 20, 2009