We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public toilets in PV & vanuatu in general

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 3
Public toilets in PV & vanuatu in general

We are taking little girls with us to PV. They rarely give us much notice when they need to "go". In Oz we are familiar with finding toilets in shopping centres, at McDonalds, in parks etc-usually managing to avert disasters. What can we expect in PV?

Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 19
1. Re: Public toilets in PV & vanuatu in general

There are some public toilets that I am aware of near Nambawan Cafe - just ask at the cafe. However, I don't think there would be any problem with you going into a restaurant or cafe and asking to use their toilets.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 77
2. Re: Public toilets in PV & vanuatu in general

You will need 40 Vatu to use them. There are some others at the back of the markets, but they are pretty, no very ordinary.

Take and some toilet paper.

vanuatu
3. Re: Public toilets in PV & vanuatu in general

apart from those mentioned, Port Vila isn't big on public amenities. Depending on where I was, I used to use resorts, public bars and restaurants scattered throughout Vila. Generally the urgency of the situation itself usually gets a result.

Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 6
4. Re: Public toilets in PV & vanuatu in general

Jill's cafe in town has a toilet, and some nice food too, lots of expats and locals eat here, try there banana loaf or the muffins or if you want something bigger have a look at there menus

Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: Public toilets in PV & vanuatu in general

thank you to all the respondents- seems like it would be a lot easier to take little boys and rely on the abundance of tropical foliage!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
reviews: 47
6. Re: Public toilets in PV & vanuatu in general

LOL! Loving your sense of humour about this Julie.

Our usual "pit stops" are The Anchor inn at one end of the main street, & The Brewery at the other end. The advantage is you get to stop for a beer or 2. Both are kid friendly & the food at The Brewery is quite good too.

As has been mentioned, none of them are particularly glamorous, the 2 I've mentioned above are ok though.

Anni

Melbourne, Australia
7. Re: Public toilets in PV & vanuatu in general

Thank you-I'm now a lot more confident taking them out for an extended period of time

Melbourne
reviews: 6
8. Re: Public toilets in PV & vanuatu in general

Hi Julie

We always stop in at chill for a pit stop. It is next to the market and up stairs from au Bon marche. Sit up at the bar, order a cold drink and enjoy the a/conditioning. I always recommend this stop to young families.

Cheers danielle

Ps wish I was there now enjoying a cocktail.

Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 13
9. Re: Public toilets in PV & vanuatu in general

....as the name signifies The Grand Hotel has the best WC facilities in town :-)

10. Re: Public toilets in PV & vanuatu in general

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila