We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What currency/ c/cards/ to take to Vanuatu

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
What currency/ c/cards/ to take to Vanuatu

going to Vanuatu in june just wandering if money is easily accessed with a westpac debit card. Will also take a small amount of local currency and credit card.Any advice welcome

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 32
31. Re: What currency/ c/cards/ to take to Vanuatu

Kiwicat also if you don't want to carry a lot of cash (we know it is safe enough, but just a hassle sometimes) I'd suggest using the Goodies cash transfer service. You deposit money into their local account in Australia or NZ, and pick up cash converted at a best rate in Port Vila.

See goodiesforex.com/telegraphic-transfers-bank-…

I used it last trip in May, it was so easy and the rate was a few Vatu per dollar better than the Goodies cash rate at their shops. I recommend it, and we will use it in the future for our next trip.

Cheerz Wabster

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
reviews: 21
32. Re: What currency/ c/cards/ to take to Vanuatu

Now that's a good tip Wabster.

Melbourne
reviews: 9
33. Re: What currency/ c/cards/ to take to Vanuatu

28 degree card works as a credit card and a debit card if you put money on the card before you leave for your trip. I used mine in USA,,Canada, Cambodia and Thailand recently and withdraw money at an ATM using my 28 degree card which had money sitting on that card. No international fees or ATM fees charged and exchange rate is good.

Best thing I ever did was get one of these cards.

Melbourne
reviews: 9
34. Re: What currency/ c/cards/ to take to Vanuatu

28 degree card works as a credit card and a debit card if you put money on the card before you leave for your trip. I used mine in USA,,Canada, Cambodia and Thailand recently and withdraw money at an ATM using my 28 degree card which had money sitting on that card. No international fees or ATM fees charged and exchange rate is good.

Best thing I ever did was get one of these cards.

Maroochydore Qld...
reviews: 20
35. Re: What currency/ c/cards/ to take to Vanuatu

We are doing the same as Wabster has suggested with Goodies for our up coming trip. I am depositting money into Goodies account in Australia, they are tranferring some money into Oyster Island resort account to pay for our accommodation there and the rest we will pick up as Vatu when we arrive in PV. This will save us taking lots of cash over and avoid the 5% Credit card charge. It was quite easy to set up and it is working well, they email me when they receive the money and when they deposit it into the OIR account.

Steely.

36. Re: What currency/ c/cards/ to take to Vanuatu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila