We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Lagon,kids and weather

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
reviews: 7
Le Lagon,kids and weather

I have been told several times that the Le lagon is a great place for kids. My kids love to swim and i was wondering if you can swim in the lagoon in front of the Le lagon. Also what is the weather like there we are looking at going in October. I would really appreciate it if someone could help

Thank you

Nikki

brisbane
reviews: 30
1. Re: Le Lagon,kids and weather

Hi Nikki

My husband and I went to Le Lagon in November 2003 for our honeymoon. There were a lot of kids there and it did look like they were all having a blast. I did not see any of them swimming in the lagoon just at the front of the resort. There seems to be a bit more sea grass on this side of the lagoon. However you can get the boat over to Erakor Island and they have a lovely beach you can swim off. Le lagon had a kids club but I believe you had to book kids in pretty early. The resort itself was great. We walked back from the town centre after a day of shopping in the markets, so it is relatively close. We felt very safe walking around the place and the locals seemed extremely friendly. The weather was pretty good considering November was the start of the wet season. We had a few days rain in the beginning but that didnt stop us enjoying the water. If the kids love snorkelling you should do a day trip to Hideaway Island. We stayed there for the first 9 nights of our honeymoon. The snorkelling is great there and pretty safe too. I would suggest if the kids do like snorkelling you would be better to get them their own snorkle and mask as most of the resorts run out quick and usually have a time limit on them.

Hope this helps

Candy

Brisbane
reviews: 7
2. Re: Le Lagon,kids and weather

Thanks Candy

the information you gave was very useful thank you. Are kids are bit young to snorkel but the do love the water. We will be taking your information into concideration when we book our holiday later in the year.

Once again thank you

Nikki

Campbelltown...
reviews: 31
3. Re: Le Lagon,kids and weather

Hello

We stay at Mangoes when we go to Vila but having been to both Le Lagon and Le Meridien, I think they both are equally as good for kids. Le Meridien seemed more friendly to me.

Enjoy your trip.....we have to wait until september to be back there again

Jody

Australia
4. Re: Le Lagon,kids and weather

Hi Nikki

We stayed at Le Lagon 2004 and my kids had a ball. We all swam out the front of the resort but we had reef shoes luckily because there was a bit or coral and starfish around - but nothing too bad. Le Lagon have snokeling gear and catamarans to use also. Weather was great when we went just a bit windy but that didn't stop us from doing anything. Make sure you go for a boat ride to Erakor Island over the chanel from Le Lagon. We had a lovely swim where the punt arrives and it was a nice view back over to Le Lagon. Also the walk around Erakor Island is enjoyable too. You will enjoy LeLagon