We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Resturants/Resorts that serve buffet meals

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Best Resturants/Resorts that serve buffet meals

Hi JT Your sauce of information is outstanding I beleive I can speak for the majority here, that you make travelling to Port Vila alot easier with your knowledge.

I was wondering about buffet meals, where the good ones are that will also cater for those allergic to seafood, I find buffets are good when you are not sure what you feel like and enjoy variety, as well as trying new foods.

Many thanks for your help kind regards Thunder

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
reviews: 21
1. Re: Best Resturants/Resorts that serve buffet meals

Hello Thunder,

Well thanks for your kind words. It has become somewhat of a hobby for me, this forum :)

As to your buffet question - Le Lagon does an excellent buffet - as long as you're not going during peak school holiday times. The food is still good but the onslaught of kids can wear you thin at Christmas time. Mind you, if you've got your own children with you then this will not be a bother at all. You can toss them into the fray and they'll have a ball.

The Meridien does a good buffet but it was primarily seafood when I last looked, as was the one at Erakor.

You could go for a banquet instead, at either the Harbour View Chinese Restaurant or the Kan Pai down near the cruise ship wharf.

You won't find anything like Sizzlers there. Most places are a la carte. You could also try the Sebel. I have not eaten there but I know people who said it was very good.

Tilly's does good tapas so that allows a choice of small dishes which might fill the bill.

The steak in Vanuatu is excellent. Veges and fruits are organically grown by default.

The Melanesian does a poolside barbeque which offers a salad buffet with steak and chicken. It has always been very good when I've been there but apparently there was a different chef on the night our family visited recently and they said it was not as good as usual but that might have come good again since then.

Post a report when you get back and let us know what you have discovered.

Cheers,

Jen

Brisbane
2. Re: Best Resturants/Resorts that serve buffet meals

Many thanks Jen, Will do only 28 more sleeps and thank you kindest regards Thunder

3. Re: Best Resturants/Resorts that serve buffet meals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila