We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short cruise in Vanuatu

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
short cruise in Vanuatu

Hi - we are getting married in Vanuatu on the 3rd of September, the only thing I haven't been able to organise so far is a cruise the night before the wedding. We really want to take our guests out on the bay to bring everyone back together and present gifts to our bridal party and parents. We have 40 booked so far and we're anticipating another 10. I have found some boats for hire but they all seem to have a max hire of 40 people and we will definitely go over that...

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
reviews: 7
1. Re: short cruise in Vanuatu

You said in a previous post that you're using Sarah (who is, by the way, awesome). Ask her!

Melbourne
reviews: 1
2. Re: short cruise in Vanuatu

Hi there.

My brother and his wife-to-be hired a BBQ boat which left from Poppy's on the lagoon. All their guests had a great time but I'm not sure what their limit for passengers is. I think it cost about $400 for the night and that included nibbles from the BBQ. There was a bar with basic drinks at pretty standard prices. I can find out what company it was if you are interested.

Jacqui

Brisbane, Australia
3. Re: short cruise in Vanuatu

oh that would be brilliant if you could find out for me! i have already had sarah doing so much running around that i feel bad, i figured this is something i could look into...

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
reviews: 7
4. Re: short cruise in Vanuatu

I still think you should ask Sarah - she won't mind! I'm sure it won't be the first time she's been asked that question.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 46
5. Re: short cruise in Vanuatu

While we were there last month at le lagon we heard an incredibly loud pa system on the lagoon one night playing , "waterloo' by abba!

Looked out to see a covered barge sailing past. It had people singing and dancing having a ball.

Just looked at the brochure I have on it. Its called day/evening lagoon cruise.

Its called 'the barge'. You get the cruise, return transfers, 3 drinks and an entree plus karaoke. It goes for 3 hours and the cost is 3900 vatu which is AUD$48 if you are looking for a casual party day or evening. This is through adventrures in paradise who seem to do all the tour stuff in Vanuatu (www.adventuresinparadise.vu )

Hope this may be of help. :-)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
reviews: 21
6. Re: short cruise in Vanuatu

Hi Bradnkell,

Have you tried the Caraid's Sunset Cruise? It is a big timber sailing boat that leaves from in town and goes out to watch the sun set over the ocean. It is a gorgeous thing to do.

The Caraid is operated by Meridian Charters (nothing to do with the resort) you can phone them on 678 25595 or 43352. If you email me I'll send you there email address as well if you like.

It is a 60foot timber motor yacht.

When we went with our wedding guests we were served wine, beer, juice and nibblies. Watching the moon rise over the South Pacific harbour on the return journey is something I'll always remember.

7. Re: short cruise in Vanuatu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, September 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila