We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bokissa eco island resort

Which Vanuatu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bega
bokissa eco island resort

thinking of a holiday at bokissa eco island resort. Can anyone let me know what its like. Best time of year, food, snorkelling etc.

Campbelltown...
reviews: 24
1. Re: bokissa eco island resort

Bokissa was a story recently on our "getaway" show. It looked absolutely lovely. The snorkelling I believe is pretty good. I cant advise on the food but we are staying at coral quays in september and plan to go over to bokissa for at least one day trip to have a meal.

In regards to the best time of year, it depends on how hot and humid you like it. I went to vanuatu at christmas a few years ago and it was very hot and very humid (to the point where you walk out of your room and your sunglasses fogged up and the camera wouldnt work because it was too humid). We like to go aug/sept so that the days and nights are just comfortable and the water temp is also great for swimming....mind you last august all the tourists were walking around in shorts and t-shirts and the locals call it their winter. We didnt need air conditioning but we did have the fans going all the time we were in our room, so it is quite warm.

Jody

Sydney
reviews: 6
2. Re: bokissa eco island resort

Hi waynod,

i went to Bokissa with my partner for 4 days last year, around late July...the weather was ideal, very warm but not at all uncomfortable or humid. I wouldn't recommend going in the Dec-March period.

Although its known as a bit of a diving mecca, we still met people who weren't pro-divers and who still had a terrific time. I am only a casual snorkeller and had no trouble filling my days with the activities on offer.

There is some very good snorkelling just off the beach, and you should not be disappointed.

The resort is not 5-star but very comfortable nevertheless, and I would strongly recommend you stay in a beach front bure rather than their gardenview rooms.

The food is buffet-style, and better than average..i recall on our first night we were served lobster..there was always more food than you could hope to finish. Desserts were very good also- i still hanker after their coconut cream pie, and cannot find anyone to make me one in Sydney !

Sydney
reviews: 6
3. Re: bokissa eco island resort

Hi waynod,

i went to Bokissa with my partner for 4 days last year, around late July...the weather was ideal, very warm but not at all uncomfortable or humid. I wouldn't recommend going in the Dec-March period.

Although its known as a bit of a diving mecca, we still met people who weren't pro-divers and who still had a terrific time. I am only a casual snorkeller and had no trouble filling my days with the activities on offer.

There is some very good snorkelling just off the beach, and you should not be disappointed.

The resort is not 5-star but very comfortable nevertheless, and I would strongly recommend you stay in a beach front bure rather than their gardenview rooms.

The food is buffet-style, and better than average..i recall on our first night we were served lobster..there was always more food than you could hope to finish. Desserts were very good also- i still hanker after their coconut cream pie, and cannot find anyone to make me one in Sydney !

Get answers to your questions about Vanuatu