We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Gluten Free Vegan Goes to Vanuatu!

Which Vanuatu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
reviews: 97
The Gluten Free Vegan Goes to Vanuatu!

I've happily survived in Fiji, Singapore, KL, Australia and NZ... but wondered if I could buy any gluten free products in Port Vila? I'm gluten intolerant (rather than being a picky eater or fad dieter) so eating gluten isn't an option. I'm also vegan. Will most resorts cater for vegans or have gluten free options?

(We are planning to email the resorts we are staying ahead of time anyway).

Are there food restrictions on what we can bring from NZ to Vanuatu?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
reviews: 69
1. Re: The Gluten Free Vegan Goes to Vanuatu!

Try accommodation that is self catering so you can buy all your fruit and veg from the markets in the main street and prepare them how you like. You wont have any trouble eating vegan in Vanuatu and there are some gluten free options available in Traverso and also supermarkets and bakeries. Rice is a staple in Vanuatu so you should have no trouble.

2. Re: The Gluten Free Vegan Goes to Vanuatu!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 03, 2014