We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Majic resort

Which Vanuatu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 18
Island Majic resort

I am interested to know if any one has stayed at Island Majic resort.

we are looking for self contained accommodation with good snorkling. It seems a bit out of town but going to restaurants for an evening meal every night is not a priority for us.

We are quite happy to go into Port villa during the day and just relax in the evening.

our other option is to spend 5 days in self contained accommodation and 2 days in port vila at the end of the trip to experience the town and restaurants at night.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
reviews: 21
1. Re: Island Majic resort

Hi mc53,

Port Vila is a rather pioneer style town. It's not a cosmopolitan shopping mecca at all but there are some lovely restaurants and cafes to enjoy.

There are self contained apartments at The Melanesian which is an easy 5 minute walk to town, also at Pacific Lagoon Apartments which are a 5minute bus ride from town and a 5 second walk to Erakor Lagoon in which you can snorkle although it is not teeming with sealife as are some other locations but there are good spots if you take the time to explore. Seachange also has a couple of self contained cottages as do a few other accommodation venues.

I have not stayed at Island Magic myself so perhaps someone who has been there can answer you more specifically about that but I have stayed at the three places mentioned above and am happy to provide more information if you require it.

Hope this helps.

Jen

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
reviews: 7
2. Re: Island Majic resort

We stayed at Benjor, which is almost next door to Island Magic. While we didn't stay there, we walked past it a couple of times. There was a lot of construction work going on, but at the rate they were building, I'm sure it would be finished quickly. Might pay to ask though. Otherwise, it's a really quiet location - as long as the sound of waves crashing doesn't bother you.

Island Magic is on the windy side of Mele Bay, so if the wind is up, you may find that the choppy conditions and resulting low visibility are not that conducive to good snorkelling. Unfortunately we struck that at Benjor. Tara Beach Resort is further along the road, and a poster says there's good snorkelling there. We only heard about this after we came back.

Island Magic is within walking distance to Hideaway Island and Mele Cascades.

Australia
reviews: 18
3. Re: Island Majic resort

Thanks for the information. I did find information on Benjor and as we want to stay out of town this is probably a good option as it got good reviews. I will check out the other suggestions. This is my 2nd attempt at trying to organise a trip to Vanuatu we were going last May but had to can it for various reasons so I am researching locations again.

We prefer self contained accommodation the big resorts dont appeal to us .

4. Re: Island Majic resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, October 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Vanuatu