We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Photography, WARNING!!

Which Vanuatu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Australia
reviews: 1
Wedding Photography, WARNING!!

DO NOT get Connies wedding photography package, the quality wasnt the best, and we only just got our wedding photos after 9 weeks of waiting, and we are still waiting on our wedding dvd! 12 weeks we have been married for, the service is terrible!! They never reply back to all of your emails.....

If we had of been there 3 working days after the actual wedding day, we would have been able to take them home with us, so why did they take so long??

I would definately go with Micheal McLennan, we saw wedding photos he did of a couple that stayed at our resort, and even though he is more exspensive, the quality is there, our wedding photos, from Connie look as though we took them ourselves!!

Remember you only do this once and want the best!!

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
reviews: 7
1. Re: Wedding Photography, WARNING!!

Simeon from Connie's took our photos, and we were very happy with the service and the photos.

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
reviews: 7
2. Re: Wedding Photography, WARNING!!

On reflection, the CD we got had another couple's photos on it. Looked like a completely different style, and I suspect Connie took those. I have to say I much preferred our ones (although the other couple were much older, so that might have influenced things).

Coffs Harbour
3. Re: Wedding Photography, WARNING!!

Anyone looking for a wedding photographer I have no doubt in recommed Michael McLennan. He was fantastic in responding to emails everything we asked for he was able to deliver. We were more then happy with our photo's, dvd just the whole service. He is an Aussie that is very professional in his work but in the same token very down to earth, friendly and makes you feel relaxed.

GO WITH MICHAEL MCLENNAN you won't be disappointed

Perth
reviews: 13
4. Re: Wedding Photography, WARNING!!

I would definitely agree with Paul and Lou except I think our experience with Connie Wells photography was even worse. Simeon showed up 40 mins after the ceremony finished!!! He told us the photographs would be for free which eased a little bit of being very p..... off but we still would have liked the ceremony photos!

They took about 200 photographs, and I think there is about 10 good ones in the whole lot. Many required photoshopping to get light levels better. All the photos were just chucked on a CD with no editing whatsoever even the blurred ones were on there. While he was taking some of the photos I noticed it was getting dark and he was shooting towards the sun without the flash on. I queried him if the flash should be on and he said no, the light was fine. Sure enough all that sequence of photos was so dark you cannot see our faces. If we had to pay for these photos we would have been really dissapointed we were lucky we had family that got some good shots of the ceremony.

We were in Vanuatu for 9 days after our wedding, Simeon had told us he would drop the CD at Brekkas once we returned from Tanna.

We tried to phone them for days and days with the phone constantly saying it was engaged but once we got a answering machine and left a messeage which was never returned. Finally we got a hold of Ivan who said our photos may not be ready before we left and asked for our address to send them to. After we came back from Tanna there was no photos waiting for us and once agian the phone number was always engaged. We waited 2 weeks after we got home with still no sign of photos, it took us a week to actually get someone to answer the phone. Again it was Ivan who could not remeber anything about our photos and told us he would look into it for us. Several days past nothing heard, we phoned again, Ivan asked for an address to send them to again and said he would sort it out. Another month past, no photos, I sent several emails with no response and it was not until I sent a very stern one asking where the hell our photos were that i got a reply asking for our address again! They said the photos were dropped at Brekkas before we left but we find this very hard to believe, we checked at reception every day and I speak Bislama so there were no communication troubles.

Finally about 2 weeks later, the Cd arrived in the mail and the photos were generally dissapointing. Their service and communication skills are not existant and as for showing up 40 mins late, what I can i say , we would not touch them or reccommend them to anyone and ask everyone to beware!! Find somenoe else!

On a final note I mentioned to a local in Port Vila that they showed up late to the wedding and they said they had a habit of doing this!

Wellington
5. Re: Wedding Photography, WARNING!!

Hello we got married in Vanuatu and Events Vanuatu took all our photographs, we were very pleased as we did not expect much as mum and dad had booked the photographer as a wedding extra.

We how wrong were we Andrew their photographer just helped us right threw the day and made James my husband relax which shows in all the pics.

So very pleased that mum and dad took the time to book him as we have a wonderful record of our day.

so not all photographers in Vanuatu are bad.

JJ-s

6. Re: Wedding Photography, WARNING!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Vanuatu