We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Female from Ukraine Planning to move for job in Honiara

moskow
Female from Ukraine Planning to move for job in Honiara

I am considering some job offer

in Solomon Islands in hotel.

I would like to ask you if you could guide me a bit through life in Solomon Islands.Is it dangerous and how is expensive life?

Food Allowance: SBD$2500 = USD$340, is it enough for one person?

Do you have any good pharmacies and hospitals in Honiara? And I read about the cases of malaria in country. Are there special tools vaccination or medicine?

Thanks

Lismore, Australia
reviews: 96
1. Re: Female from Ukraine Planning to move for job in Honiara

If you are living permanntly in Honiara, it is usually not advisable to take malaria medication all the time, as it has side effects. Best to use a repellant containing DEET, a mosquito net, and aviod going out at dwn and dusk, when mosquitos are most active. If you need to be out at that time, wear long-sleeved clothes, and make sure your feet and ankls are covered.

I would need to know if the allowance is weekly or monthly.

These days,in general, Solomon Islands is safe, as long as you take precautions you would in any city, an respect local custom especially anywhere outside the capital.

There are several good pharmacies and private doctors in town, and a hosptal with basic facilities. For anything serious, you would need to allow for evacuation to Australia.

2. Re: Female from Ukraine Planning to move for job in Honiara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 24, 2014