We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Papua to Solomon Islands

Bangkok, Thailand
from Papua to Solomon Islands

Hi guys,

I am seriously thinking to travel to Papua New Guinea, making my plans and route itinerary. After a few weeks, I am going to visit Solomon Islands, too.

Would anybody be so nice and tell me what airlines serve Solomon Islands from Port Moresby? The only one I know of is Air Niugini.

To reduce the cost for air travel, I would wish, as an alternative, to take a boat to get to Solomon Islands. I have read information that it is doable from Bougainville in Papua New Guinea. Could you please elaborate on this option? I love adventure, so I do not mind length of the journey...

If I take the second option, I may have to apply for a visa before i depart, for at the sea port on Solomon Island's side I cannot get visa on arrival (VOA). Am i right on this one?

I am of a Czech nationality...

Thank you in advance,

jiri

Honiara
reviews: 5
1. Re: from Papua to Solomon Islands

I think the best way for you is to apply for Visa before your depart. As we all know that Visa issuing even for transit is very tough these days. The customs are now strict on Visa acceptance.

But good to know you are interested to visit Solomon Islands too.

Good luck friend!

Corpus Christi, TX
reviews: 59
2. Re: from Papua to Solomon Islands

I'm researching this also. Here is information on the airlines that fly to/from the airport at Honaira:

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Honiara_International_Ai…

3. Re: from Papua to Solomon Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 20, 2013