We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solomon Islands - PNG??

Tokyo, Japan
Solomon Islands - PNG??

Flights from NZ to the Islands to PNG are ridicuosly high! I've read in the lonely planet that boats connect the Solomon Islands to PNG, So I was thinking of flying to the Islands then making my own way to PNG, but it also says it's illegal. Is it possible to catch a boat across the boarder? Has anyone tried this?

Australia
reviews: 1
1. Re: Solomon Islands - PNG??

Try it and see, then you can tell us if it's O.K.

Lismore, Australia
reviews: 96
2. Re: Solomon Islands - PNG??

If you want to go to Solomon Islands from NZ, get a cheap fare to Brisbane, then try Skyairworld or Solomon Airlines. This may be cheaper than booking NZ to Honiara.

You can cross from Bougainville into Mono or the Shortlands or Tasman Island to the Ontong Java (Lord Howe) Atoll, which is more remote.

It is not illegal, provided you register with immigration as soon as you arrive, and preferably check with the SI High Commission in Port Moresby first.

Spore
3. Re: Solomon Islands - PNG??

In your opinion, is SkyAir or Solomon Airlines better in terms of service and flight safety ?

Cedric, Singapore

Honiara
4. Re: Solomon Islands - PNG??

Hi Cedric,

I reckon the service provided by Skyworld is better than that of SolomonAirlines.....try it out and you'll know that their services are world class not like solomonairlines...sometimes they're not consistent in their scheduals.......safety is highly gurrented too.....

u hav a nice day

hope to see you here

bye from the hapi isle

5. Re: Solomon Islands - PNG??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:26 am, September 29, 2009