We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Damage from Typhoon Bopha?

Which Palau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brisbane
Damage from Typhoon Bopha?

My husband and I are due to fly into Koror in 10 days time, staying in Melekeok and also on Peleliu. I have seen that Typhoon Bopha hit both these areas very badly and I communications are still down.

Can anyone advise how bad the situation is over there? Is it worth considering cancelling our visit?

Bellingham...
1. Re: Damage from Typhoon Bopha?

Hello, My parents are currently in Palau near Koror. I just spoke to them on the phone a few minutes ago, they said the southernmost Islands, including Peleliu, were hit hard by the typhoon and are in very bad shape. They said you would probably want to cancel that portion of the trip, however everything to the north including Melekeok is in great condition, everything is cleaned up, power and everything is back on and working just fine, all businesses are open and the water is blue and crystal clear, swimming and diving will be fantastic. I'm heading there in about two weeks and will be staying with my parents on Malakal island, south of Koror. The conditions in that area are also great and I hear the diving there is amazing.

If you decide to keep your trip, I hope you have a great time!

Kelly

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 1
2. Re: Damage from Typhoon Bopha?

Hi

Does anybody know if there are any damages in Boracay or Banaue, Ifugao? I am going there this weekend and haven't been able to find much reports on these areas . Also have you heard anything about more storms in the coming days/weeks?

Really appreciate any info

Best!!

Camilo

Edited: 6:57 am, December 06, 2012
Foz do Iguacu, PR
reviews: 1
3. Re: Damage from Typhoon Bopha?

If also someone could advise me about Palawan Island would be nice. I am going next week for holidays but I wondering how the weather and the situation etc.. Thanks !!!

4. Re: Damage from Typhoon Bopha?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, December 17, 2013