We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer Noumea

Which Noumea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tweed Heads...
reviews: 25
Airport Transfer Noumea

What is the best way to transfer from the airport to Centre Ville if you don't have a car? What is the price and time?

I'm trying to decide whether to spend a couple of days in Noumea each side of a four day car rental, or if it may actually be cheaper to rent the car for 8 days starting and finishing at the airport.

Thanks, Alan

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
reviews: 41
1. Re: Airport Transfer Noumea

Big shuttle buses cost around 3000CFP one way per person (around one hour to Noumea, maybe more as they stop at most of the hotels), a taxi 10000CFP (40 minutes to the city centre, 50 to Anse Vata and Baie des Citrons) but there isn't many of them at the airport (actually, I did'nt payed much attention to it, but I don't even remember to have seen one at the airport).

If you book a car rental on Internet, compare local and Australian website (for companies like Hertz, Thifty, etc.) as the price can change a lot between the different websites.

Tweed Heads...
2. Re: Airport Transfer Noumea

Thanks Nico.

That's AU$50 for a bus one way or AU$164 for a cab? I couldn't believe it when I worked out the exchange rate.

It looks like I'll be a lot better off with car rental for the full 8 days.

Thanks again.

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
3. Re: Airport Transfer Noumea

There used to be a regular bus service between Tontouta airport and Nouméa city center for 400CFP (7AU/NZ$): tripadvisor.co.uk/…7038035 but I don't know if it still goes up to the airport. I'll try to get some more information about this.

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
4. Re: Airport Transfer Noumea

Carsud buses are still servicing Tontouta, but not up to the airport so you'll have to walk 500 meters to the entrance of the airport to find them.

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
5. Re: Airport Transfer Noumea

Here is the Carsud timetable to/from Tontouta: …lagoon.nc/en/…horaires_tontouta.htm

Canberra
reviews: 3
6. Re: Airport Transfer Noumea

I was in Noumea for Christmas and Smith Voyage run buses from the airport into Noumea and all hotels. The other buses are 3000 francs per person but Smith are 5000 francs for two people. Also children under 12 are free. It's a much better deal. You can also call them to organise the same deal from Noumea back to the airport.

Contact details to book a transfer are on their website http://smithvoyage.lagoon.nc/.

They reply with a Hotmail address so check your spam catcher to make sure the response isn't caught. Also I had to email twice to get a response.

But they were waiting at the airport with a minibus just for the three of us.

Tweed Heads...
7. Re: Airport Transfer Noumea

Thanks for all the responses. I have decided to rent a car from the airport, probably for the full 8 days. I've booked and will arrive 15th August.

At about 4000xpf per day, car rental works out cheaper for two and more flexible than the bus.

I'm debating whether to stay the first night near the airport or drive to La Foa. Arriving about 17:30 it may be getting dark by the time we leave the airport and I'm a bit concerned about the comments on night driving.

8. Re: Airport Transfer Noumea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, October 19, 2009