We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific Sun Cruise

Which Noumea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
gold coast oz
reviews: 59
Pacific Sun Cruise

I am going on a cruise in Aug with my family including 3 year old Grandaughter. I have a few questions please.

Noumea Does anyone know how to get to the beaches called Ante Vasu and Lemon Bay. Local bus maybe as P&O prices are too expensive?

Lifou The best and safest place to swim with a toddler ?

Vila Where are the markets in town and what can you buy there ?

Thanks Jem.

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
reviews: 41
1. Re: Pacific Sun Cruise

Noumea: have a look at this topic tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294130-i4308-k2… (follow links).

Lifou: I went there once and met there the Pacific Sky or Pacific Star and I remember that the beach where the ship shuttle boats arrive is quite nice and will probably be the most convenient.

Vila: you'll find some duty free shops and the market along the main road in Vila, which is not a big city. However, I don't know where the ship arrives in Vila.

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
reviews: 41
2. Re: Pacific Sun Cruise

Note: you'll find more easily "Anse Vata" and "Baie des Citrons" (=lemons bay). ;-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
reviews: 66
3. Re: Pacific Sun Cruise

It's very easy to catch a local bus to the Anse Vata within walking distance to the ship.(green line bus).

In Lifou, where the tender brings you ashore is ok for a little one to paddle.

At the port where the boat docks in Vila you will find lots of market stalls have been set up. Just have a look to see what's available before you head in to town, as you may find the same items in shops there cheaper. The stalls will still be there when you return to the boat if you still wish to make your purchases. You will need to go into town, though, for your duty free shopping & this is too far to walk with a 3 year old. There will be lots of mini buses & taxis on the wharf that will take you into town, but check the price you are to be charged before you get in.

4. Re: Pacific Sun Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Noumea