We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap safe place to stay in Port Morsby

Which Port Moresby hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
cheap safe place to stay in Port Morsby

Hello, I will be staying in Port Morsby in march, and I was wondering if there was any decent, safe, semi cheap places to stay there. Are there any Hostel type places?

Cheers

Lower Hutt, New...
reviews: 62
1. Re: cheap safe place to stay in Port Morsby

Mapping missionary home is clean and tidy

Lower Hutt, New...
reviews: 62
2. Re: cheap safe place to stay in Port Morsby

Mapping missionary home is clean and tidy

Port Moresby, Papua...
reviews: 13
3. Re: cheap safe place to stay in Port Morsby

There are no youth hostels or backpackers places in Port Moresby.

Many cheap places are used for prostitution so be careful.

Comfort Inn at Boroko is often cited for budget accom but is not a safe area, the nearby shops is Bag Snatcher Central.

The motel in Magila Street, Six Mile, which changes its name from time to time, is seedy and has been in the newspapers too many times for the wrong reasons and I don't recommend it.

Ponderosa Family Hotel has budget rooms with own bathroom for about PGK220 a night. Free airport bus. We book all our budget tour groups there. That's about as cheap as it get for ensuite rooms. But it's a long walk to the nearest shops so if you don't have a car you have to use a taxi to go out. Phone 675 323 4888 - no website or e-mail but trust me its a good place. They also have a new 3 star wing which not many people know about so they are never booked out.

I agree MAPANG missionary home is OK, they give preference to misho's but also take travellers. Includes home-style meals, shared bathrooms. However they are just around the corner from Comfort Inn in Lahara Ave Boroko so there is the same problem - nearby shops not safe. . Ph 675 325 5251 - no website or e-mail.

4. Re: cheap safe place to stay in Port Morsby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, March 28, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Port Moresby