We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish schools in Bogota

Which Bogota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Spanish schools in Bogota

I plan to attend a Spanish language school in Bogota for 2 weeks (I know, not long enough but that is all the time I could get off work) at the end of February. Doing research online I think I've narrowed it down to International House or Spanish World Institute. I would classify my current Spanish as intermediate/advanced beginner. Does anyone have any recommendations on either of these schools?

Thanks,

Jen

6 replies to this topic
New Bedford...
1. Re: Spanish schools in Bogota

I saw a post that advised that the best Spanish spoken was in Colombia?

Philadelphia...
2. Re: Spanish schools in Bogota

My husband and I are also looking. Have you decided? Haven't come across much. Leaning toward SWI.

London, United...
reviews: 13
3. Re: Spanish schools in Bogota

Have you had a look online at www.studyspanishcolombia.com This website list all the options for schools in Bogota, couldn't be easier.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 9
4. Re: Spanish schools in Bogota

i did SWI and loved it in July. Good luck

Boston...
5. Re: Spanish schools in Bogota

HI Anonymous A418,

I was a student at SWI for one month in Nov 2013. This school is not as good as its website makes it out to be.

Since I have left I have heard they have all new teachers, as everyone has left because of the poor mgmt from Director Maria. When I was there the teachers were decent but all of them new (under 6 months) and after I got to know them it was clear the working environemtn for them was not great.

I usually don't post like this, but I feel so compelled to warn others about SWI bad business practices. I feel a little cheated after my time there and I never felt the director was being honest with me. She refused to refund money to me and another students as well after disagreements in events paid for. Communication with her usually ended with her shouting in Spanish. I have brought my issues up with the Director in writting multiple times to the School but I have gotten no response.

If thinking about SWI because of its good web presence I suggest looking elsewhere.

Zack

Bogota, Colombia
6. Re: Spanish schools in Bogota

Check out this Institute - http://www.wheeinstitute.com/ - It is way cheaper, and as it is small, probably you will have more personalized education.

Reply to: Spanish schools in Bogota
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted