We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi From Eldorado airport to La candelaria ?

Which Bogota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prague, Czech...
reviews: 16
Taxi From Eldorado airport to La candelaria ?

Please what is the actual situation with taxis from Bogota Eldorado airport to city center?

We have read,that it was any kiosk with prepaid taxi fare,but seems to be not worked now -right?

So you need either agree the price directly with the driver in front of the airport (and believe him),or (maybe better because we will come at 7 p.m. )ordered taxi by the hotel ?

Whats your actual experiences?

5 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 13
1. Re: Taxi From Eldorado airport to La candelaria ?

Hi

There is no more kiosk at the international arrival area. You just have to follow the taxi sign, and a dispatcher will assign you a taxi. Cabs have taximeters that give you the number of units spent. One unit = 70 pesos colombianos. From the airport to la Candelaria, it is usually around 20 to 22.000 pesos (8 to 9 euros).

You can also request your hotel to send a taxi for you but they usually charge more.

Prague, Czech...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Taxi From Eldorado airport to La candelaria ?

Pls do you know- if there are any ATM cash machines in the new Eldorado airport terminal 1 arrival hall ?

Or is it necessary to do to Departure level or to old "terminal 2"?

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 26
3. Re: Taxi From Eldorado airport to La candelaria ?

There are lots of ATM's on the departure level of the international terminal. I didn't see any on the arrivals floor.

I looked for a taxi kiosk when I arrived at the new terminal 3 weeks ago because I had to look. In the new terminal there are just lines for authorized taxis puy on the curb.

I paid 26,000 from the terminal to Candelaria when I arrived but think I may have been overcharged a little since I didn't yet know how the meters worked. When I returned to the airport from the Zona Rosa area, I paid 18,000.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 13
4. Re: Taxi From Eldorado airport to La candelaria ?

Yes, 18-20,000 sounds more reasonable for an airport-Candelaria ride.

Of course, if there is a lot of traffic jam, it can be a a bit more.

Correct, the kiosk thing is long gone. But the authorized taxi line is secure enough.

There is at least 3 blocks of ATMS in the InternationalTerminal.

One between Britt Shop and Fedco. An other one on the left side of the chek-in area, and a 3 rd block right after customs as I already mentioned..

Edited: 12:45 pm, December 09, 2013
Montclair, NJ
reviews: 30
5. Re: Taxi From Eldorado airport to La candelaria ?

Prior poster captures it well.. I walked to authorized taxi and waited about 10 minutes and cab drove form Airport to Radisson Royal for about 30,000. It was a safe and quick ride. The hotel quotes $30USD for the same trip.

Reply to: Taxi From Eldorado airport to La candelaria ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted