We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogota Layover

Which Bogota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Juneau, Alaska
reviews: 1
Bogota Layover

I have a 6 hour layover in Bogota from 12am to 6am...is it safe for me to just stay in the airport for this time or should I find a hotel? I would rather not leave for 4 hours and come back if I can avoid it....

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 7
1. Re: Bogota Layover

Your late arv/early dep does not afford you much time..I would stay in the airport perhaps the international zone has all you need..otherwise the airport itself is safe,there is a good police presence.

San Francisco...
2. Re: Bogota Layover

The airport is safe, albeit a bit boring. Nothing will be open at that time (perhaps in the early morning)...but there is a charging station and free Wifi in the International area near McDonald's (outside of the gate area). Not sure, however, with 6 hours, it is worth getting a hotel.

MarcoPolio
3. Re: Bogota Layover

Bumping this thread for any updated answers...

Arrive this Saturday night at 11:35 and leave sunday morning at 5:35 am. Are there any late night restuarants nearby we can hang out at for a few hours or just stuck in the airport?

Medellin, Colombia
reviews: 20
4. Re: Bogota Layover

MarcoPolio, is your onward flight national or international? If it is a national flight on Avianca you will need to transfer by bus from the international terminal to Avianca's national terminal. If it is international you can probably just stay in the international terminal (i.e., not clear immigration). The international terminal is new (opened mid-October) so I am not sure if it has open restaurants at that hour. There are probably some restaurants within in 10 minute cab ride, but if you have luggage, etc., it probably would not be worth the hassle. If you decide to take a cab to a restaurant, be sure to use the official taxi stand and request that the restaurant call a taxi to get you back to the airport. You don't want to be jumping in a taxi on the street, particularly coming from or going to the airport where it will be assumed you are carrying money and valuables.

Edited: 8:57 am, November 18, 2012
Bogotá
reviews: 57
5. Re: Bogota Layover

Landside the new airport has a Crepes and Waffles, a Kokoriko and an Oma café. I doubt they will be open your hours though, airside I don't know what there is, I haven't flown out internationally yet.

If you are feeling ambitious you could check your bags through, get some pesos and leave your carry on in left luggage (if you can find it in the new airport) Cab it to the Zona Rosa de Modelia which is near to the airport and has cheap and cheerful bars open through to 3am, just long enough for you to hoof it back to the airport. Street eats too, even karaoke in that area.

milan
reviews: 25
6. Re: Bogota Layover

don't worry, stay in the airport whis is being remodelled.....and soime poarts I think are ready, it depends if your connection flight is national or international....obviously 6 hours stop doesn't deserve a visit to the city....

New York City, New...
reviews: 156
7. Re: Bogota Layover

The airport being remodeled still is very small for international standards so there is nothing you will be able to do and shops will be closed at the time. You could take a ride to town or stay in a hotel (new ones) near the airport, but again this will be such a short period for that that I am not sure is worth it. The airport inside is safe. Just you will get bored. There is a VIP lounge for Avianca and oneworld (Iberia, British Airways, American, etc) at the international side. If it is open and you can get there it will be your best bet. You could try to buy a day pass if they say no...

Oakland, California
reviews: 61
8. Re: Bogota Layover

The airline lounges will certainly be closed.

Beloeil, Canada
9. Re: Bogota Layover

Plz anybody please answer my post.... My husband is in Columbia and very sick and traveling back to Canada. His flight was leaving Medellin to bogota this morning supposedly at 7:30 am today. Does anyone know how I can find out if a flight was delayed. I am unable to reach him and I am unable to reach his via cell phone....AND VERY WORRIED!! please help if you have any information.. Thanks

CA
reviews: 7
10. Re: Bogota Layover

The airport is safe but rather boring! There are nice hotels close by to the airport. I would not bother to go into the city and back out to the airport again. It's expensive and lots of nerve wracking traffic! And not much to see in the city unless you are interested in Museo de Oro in the city center.