We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio Magdalena - Colombia

Which Colombia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quito, Ecuador
reviews: 2
Rio Magdalena - Colombia

Estoy organizando un tour por un grupo de aficionados al ferrocarril en Colombia. Quiero saber si hay embarcaciones que ofrecen un buen confort desde Puerto Berrio. ... o como segundo opción en otra parte del Rio Magdalena. (Un barco historico renovado seria lo máximo ;) )

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 21
1. Re: Rio Magdalena - Colombia

Hi Peter

You'll be more likely to get answers if you post in English in the English speaking forum, and in Spanish in the Spanish speaking forum (tripadvisor.es/ShowForum-g294073-i1708-Colom…).

I personally have no information about renting a boat from Puerto Berrio.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 7
2. Re: Rio Magdalena - Colombia

Peter,

The state-owned railway company (National Railways of Colombia) was liquidated in the 1990’s - seemingly putting an end to the once nostalgic narrow gage Santa Marta – Bogota run. The majority of the remaining 2611 km narrow gauge tracks appear to be solely for commercial use; amazingly 150 km of standard gauge were rapidly constructed to haul coal out of Cerrejon Coal Mine, the rest of the track puzzle has been delayed by various scandals.

Without further ado I will point you towards +++++++++ tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g294074-d39…

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 7
3. Re: Rio Magdalena - Colombia

Re: nostalgic river boat trips - most of the tour offerings as you maybe aware of, are not the nostalgic variety,having said that I have come across the odd older boat ferrying supplies and cattle on some of the Rios en los llanos.

If it helps I could dig up some further information and or steer you towards a reliable tour provider.

Edited: 1:42 pm, October 01, 2013
4. Re: Rio Magdalena - Colombia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, October 03, 2014