We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colombia to Peru by bus

Which Colombia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Colombia to Peru by bus

Hello all,

Has anyone made the trip from Bogota, Colombia to Lima, Peru by bus? I am traveling to South America in January and planning on landing in Colombia and making my way to Buenos Aires. I already found bus transportation from Lima to Chile and Chile to BA. Thanks!!

Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
reviews: 72
1. Re: Colombia to Peru by bus

This might help

…wordpress.com/2011/…

Good luck - 3 straight days on a bus - not my cup of tea- but more power to you if you can do it.

2. Re: Colombia to Peru by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, September 18, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 63
3. Re: Colombia to Peru by bus

I did Lima - Santiago as one long haul once: never again!! 54 hours turned into 57, I guess the delays could have been worse, but it was hell. I made the mistake of having a return ticket Amsterdam - Santiago, instead of an open jaw. So after travelling up to Lima for a couple of months we had to go the same way back to catch our flight. A mistake I'll never make again.

I strongly recommend you break up the journey into smaller bits and see things along the way (why else would you be there??).

Flying across borders is very expensive (for example Bogota - Lima could be US$500). But flying within a country can be affordable. So sometimes it pays off to fly to a place close to the border, travel across the border over land, then find another donestic flight.

How much time do you have? Try not to cram too many places into a short timeframe. That will come down to more travel hours per week and less 'playtime' outside per week! :-)

Good luck.

Cecilia

http://www.xs4all.nl/~cile/

Edited: 6:07 pm, September 05, 2013
Mi Wuk Village...
4. Re: Colombia to Peru by bus

Tens of thousands do this every year. Don't get all anal and feel you need to plan it all out or God forbid pre book. Buy each leg as needed. At best one day ahead..lets you get a seat away from the bano, 95% of all long distance travelers go by bus. OK..one warning..applies mainly to Colombia. Don't accept food or drink from another passenger.

5. Re: Colombia to Peru by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 11, 2014