We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colombia to Brazil: Planes, trains or automobile?

Which Colombia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
travel_junkey73
Colombia to Brazil: Planes, trains or automobile?

Right guys here goes...Im flying from Florida (USA) to Colombia because I understand this is the cheapest way for me to get to South America is this true, if not what is? Also I want to visit Brazil (various destinations) what would be the cheapest way to do it? Take buses from Colombia to Brazil or a flight? How much would this cost? Also I want to go back to Colombia and then travel there for a while before going to Central America so im assuming flight or buses on the way back also.

I would really appreciate some feedback please

keep smiling

TJ

UK it's a OK
reviews: 6
1. Re: Colombia to Brazil: Planes, trains or automobile?

inter-South American airfares are very expensive so I think you will find that flying from Colombia to Brazil will cost as much if not more than it does to fly from USA to Brazil. So cheap is probably out of the question.

Bus journeys are very slow and you will spend endless hours stuck on a bus. You might be better off to tour Colombia on one trip then take a separate trip to cover Brazil instead of trying to link the two together??

In my experience Aires Aero offers the cheapest flights from Florida to Colombia as well as the cheapest internal flights.

travel_junkey73
2. Re: Colombia to Brazil: Planes, trains or automobile?

Hey Sapporro..thanks for the feedback much appreciated. I think I may fly to Colombia from Fort Launderdale a one wa ticket is around $150 then ill go from Colombia and use coaches to Brazil I think and go back to Colombia via Argentina, Peru, Ecudor etc..

keep smiling

TJ

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 7
3. Re: Colombia to Brazil: Planes, trains or automobile?

Hola T.J,$150/ow was that spirtair by any chance?...playa

travel_junkey73
4. Re: Colombia to Brazil: Planes, trains or automobile?

hey playa i think it was aero the airline sapparo suggested but i will check spirit air out aswell thanks for the heads up...are you thinking of doing the same route?

UK it's a OK
reviews: 6
5. Re: Colombia to Brazil: Planes, trains or automobile?

I think one of the stipulations of entering Colombia is that you have proof of your intention to leave the country.

Therefore you might want to make sure you have either a booked flight or coach ticket for your exit journey before you arrive at customs

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
reviews: 81
6. Re: Colombia to Brazil: Planes, trains or automobile?

Take a look at a map and the distances and terrain involved and you'll see why coaches are not an option unless you have several months.

One way flights in LatAm are usually expensive, especially across borders. The easiest way into Brazil from Colombia is to fly to Leticia and then take the five day Amazon boat to Manaus. From Manaus, you have to fly again (no roads only jungle).

You obviously need to get a book like LP's First Time Latin/South America and come up with a more realistic plan before posting again.

7. Re: Colombia to Brazil: Planes, trains or automobile?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 02, 2012