We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Titicaca Tour from La Paz

Which La Paz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southport, Australia
Lake Titicaca Tour from La Paz

Hi All,

I am posting my question in both the Copacabana & La Paz forum so sorry if you read this twice!

My partner and I will be in La Paz for 4 nights in April before heading to Uyuni. Prior to this we will be in the Patagonia lakes district of Chile & Argentina for circa 3 weeks so I had thought another lake area might be overkill. I've decided that a trip to Bolivia can't be without seeing Lake Titicaca. My thoughts are to drop a night in La Paz to take a 1 night trip to the Titicaca. I have read plenty of forums and all suggest to find a tour that has a night at Isla De Sol. I have found details of Crillion Tours however they seem to only have a night in Copa as an option.

Can anybody out there recommend a tour company or provide website details of a company that has a night at Isla De Sol?

Also, is it fairly reasonable to be able to book a tour from La Paz with only 1 day notice or is it recommended to pre-book before we leave Australia?

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers, Rach

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 156
1. Re: Lake Titicaca Tour from La Paz

The agency inside the Hotel Rosario does that, with an overnight in Copacabana. (Turisbus).

You might also check the website for Kanoo Tours, www.kanootours.com, they are a reputable agency that does lower cost excursions and they have an office in La Paz.

2. Re: Lake Titicaca Tour from La Paz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 28, 2014