We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Market shopping

Which La Paz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma
Market shopping

Some years ago we shopped at a wonderful market in La Paz. The only thing identifiable that I can remember is that we went "up" from our hotel which, I think, was in the center of the city.

We bought a wonderful wool blanket and should have bought several. So we hope to do so on our upcoming trip.

Can you bottlesLondon, or anyone else, possible identify this market or do you know a source for the great wool blankets?

Thanks so much!

Toronto
reviews: 7
1. Re: Market shopping

Are you speaking of the Mercado de Brujas in Central La Paz? It's tucked along upward-winding streets behind a large parliamentary building just off the Prada.

Oklahoma
2. Re: Market shopping

I don't remember seeing any witchery wares there, so can't be sure.

It's likely we had very little time.

The only thing we are sure of is that it was "up the mountain."

Norway
3. Re: Market shopping

Now I belive every place in La Paz can be described as " just up the street":)

I went to La paz in July and you could find everything in wool, lama blanckets etc, in the turist shopping street just behing the Santa Cruz church. It also fit the description of "just up the street" very well. The steepest incline I have ever seen in an urban area!

Santa Cruz, Bolivia
4. Re: Market shopping

Mercado San Pedro (just behind the San Francisco church).

Oklahoma
5. Re: Market shopping

Thank you, Boliviabella, and thanks to all for your replies!

6. Re: Market shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, October 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about La Paz