We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bolivia Bird & Wild Life Watching

Which Bolivia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Bolivia Bird & Wild Life Watching

Is there a place/tour which will enable us to view birds and wild animals at tree-top level? I know one can do it in Brazil at the Amazon tours.

I am also looking for swamps/wet lands, similar to the ones in Brazil - Pantanal. Is there such a thing in Bolivia? I did not find anything, but I may have missed it...

Thanks

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 143
1. Re: Bolivia Bird & Wild Life Watching

I haven't been to the jungle in Bolivia. But there is pretty good wildlife spotting if you go on one of the 3 or 4 day tours around the Reserva Eduardo Avaroa and the Salar de Uyuni (Fish Island).

Seattle, WA, USA
reviews: 15
2. Re: Bolivia Bird & Wild Life Watching

My wife and I are planning to visit Bolivia in October/November, and have similar interests, although we're more focused on birds. I have gotten a lot of information from http://www.birdbolivia.com, which has a great deal of information for independent travel. You might also look for birding trip reports from Glenn Bartley and others. Based on what you've written, you might find Sadiri Lodge (and Madidi National Park) interesting, as well as the Barba Azul Nature Reserve and the Beni. In my research, I haven't found any canopy towers or the like, though. Our itinerary will probably involve going overland from Santa Cruz through Cochabamba to La Paz, and then going to the Sadiri Lodge at the end.

reviews: 2
3. Re: Bolivia Bird & Wild Life Watching

Hi

I'm looking to join a small group for a 2-3 week birding tour in Bolivia.

Sometime in Summer 2014.

If you have a group tour organized that I can join that would be marvelous.

Many thanks

Colin

Toronto, Canada
4. Re: Bolivia Bird & Wild Life Watching

Sorry, just the two of us, and not only for bird watching, but rather for a comprehensive look at these two countries.

Hope you find what you are looking for!

reviews: 2
5. Re: Bolivia Bird & Wild Life Watching

Thanks

Enjoy

Colin

6. Re: Bolivia Bird & Wild Life Watching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, July 19, 2014